The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Benning on Sportsnet 650 with Halford & Brough - June 24, 2021

Rate this topic

CRAZY_4_NAZZY

4 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

I'm not.  The only places the young single players could go were... well, the rink and the hotel room they're staying at.  No family members to share in-person laughs or feelings with.  No kids to take your mind off of the horrible game you just played.  No ...what was that term some posters here used?  Ah right, no sympathy sex.  :bigblush:

Well, there is the option Kermit opted for.

1942599fa40d7eca1f4f225648dea4b5.gif

• Haha 1

"we have some things in mind and we'll see if we can get it done" 

thats the line from the interview that stood out to me. I'm sure they have a plan but I hope its not at too big a cost to our prospect futures. 

12 minutes ago, Angry Goose said:

Woo is probably going to be a slow burn.  2-3 years before he starts getting a sniff at NHL action.  He's only 20 now and I'm betting at around age 23 if he keeps training hard he will be close.  My crystal ball is known to be unreliable however.  

Seems to me they're working on his defensive game so when he eventually makes it up to the parent club, he'll be more of a finished product.  Imagine that, a defenseman who actually can defend reasonably well?:lol:

1 minute ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

What I really want to know now is whether or not the Sedins will sit on either side of Benning during meetings, and if he gives an idea that they don't agree with, if they'd reach over (Henrik first, of course) to slap him upside the head.  :bigblush:

hats off to Jim to be a big part of bringing these guys back, speaks to the mans character imo. 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Petterson is 22 and woo is 20 how did this happen when bith were drafted the same year. Oh boy i need a drink

Home booze delivery is so awesome!  

Woo has the baby face (much like Lind) still.  He’s got a couple years of maturing yet before he will be able to play how he needs to play to be effective.  He’s going to be a good D man for us though.  

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Home booze delivery is so awesome!  

Woo has the baby face (much like Lind) still.  He’s got a couple years of maturing yet before he will be able to play how he needs to play to be effective.  He’s going to be a good D man for us though.  

Yeah im going to be excited if he can make the team in 2-3 years

Just now, Bertuzzipunch said:

Yeah im going to be excited if he can make the team in 2-3 years

Oh Woo will be here sooner than that.  He plays a very heavy game, and is just not physically really to play that way at the NHL level.  He’d get beat up.  He’s still a boy physically.  When he’s developed more of a man’s strength then he will be very good for us.  He might mature over this summer and fall?  Lind is the same.  He’s a baby face still.  Gadjovic is a man.  He can play his game, and answer the bell of physical stuff.  Woo needs to get stronger.  

So let's talk about how JB likes Miller at C and wants 3 good scoring lines. 

So he's wanting at least one top 6/9 winger to fill the void. 

What about a trade with CHI?  Alexander Nylander + Zadorov for 1st 2021 + OJ + Lind (too much???).

If Virtanen situation is settled out of court, maybe revisit that trade rumor with BOS.  DeBrusk for Virtanen + 2nd?

Re-sign Sutter, Hamonic (or other stay at home D), Edler to cheap deals.   

Nylander EP Boeser

Pearson Bo Podz

DeBrusk Miller Hogz

Motte Sutter McKwean

Hughes Hamonic

Schmidt Zadorov

Rathbone Myers

Edler

Just spitballing...lol...lazy days of summer. :P

23 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Seems to me they're working on his defensive game so when he eventually makes it up to the parent club, he'll be more of a finished product.  Imagine that, a defenseman who actually can defend reasonably well?:lol:

That and his athleticism.  For Woo to be an effective player he needs to be an excellent skater and just be a hard guy to compete against.  He's not going to be a major point producer so being very good to excellent in the other areas of the game will be important.  He can't afford to be a step behind/tire easily.  

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

Manson or Parayko next offseason would be perfect.  I'd rather ride out our bad contracts to make a run at both of those guys.

Yeah, and I want to give Woo a chance. He plays aggressive, can contribute to the offense, hit and stand up for himself, and teammates. 

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

49 minutes ago, #Canucks said:

Surprised by this comment: COVID was especially hard for the young SINGLE players. It must be from being alone. Hopefully this coming season things are better.

Canucks need to take this as a lesson and manage this a bit going forward.

Can they billet young guys? Should young guys room together? Should they bring in their parents more often?

I don't know but I'd look to improve it going forward. I mean I'm an adult and still love it when Mom brings me meals when I don't feel well. Just because they are in the show doesn't mean they don't have emotions.

• Cheers 1