The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(RUMOUR) PHI to expose Voracek for expansion draft

RWJC

9 hours ago, RWJC said:

BTW, I’m not condoning pursuing Voracek. I would pass on him myself and use the roster spot and cap elsewhere, but interesting to see how the landscape is shifting.

it is for sure. There's no deal that makes sense for either side, I guess maybe if they convince Seattle to take Ghost, and they really like Schmidt. But then we're still 2 1/2 mil extra cap that we just don't have room for. 

22 minutes ago, Alflives said:

For Seattle to take either JV or JVR the Flyers will need to add significant sweetener.   

Disagree, JVR: 43 points in 56 games, 32 years old, signed for 2 more years at 7 million.

Seattle is going to need some veterans that can produce, and he's a lot less risky than Voracek, who has 3 years left at 8.25. Will be interesting to see what happens.

2 minutes ago, ‹(•¿•)› said:

Disagree, JVR: 43 points in 56 games, 32 years old, signed for 2 more years at 7 million.

Seattle is going to need some veterans that can produce, and he's a lot less risky than Voracek, who has 3 years left at 8.25. Will be interesting to see what happens.

Seattle does need to at least reach the cap floor, so do they go for several mid range contracts, or a couple big ones?  Will definitely be fun to dissect after, that’s for sure.  

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Devron44 said:

He’s expensive but his production hasn’t really dropped. He’s averaged more PPG the last few seasons then his career average.

I agree. He is a good player and the hate around here is completely unreasonable. A tad bit pricey but would definitely solidify our top 6. The only issue is the contract, not his age. Folks making him out to be way older than he is. He is not that old!

Edited by grandmaster
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

28 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

I agree. He is a good player and the hate around here is completely unreasonable. A tad bit pricey but would definitely solidify our top 6. The only issue is the contract, not his age. Folks making him out to be way older than he is. He is not that ok’d! 

The Loui Eriksson effect. It’s effected the whole fan base. Look at Pavelski season he had last year. 32 is not 42 years old. Anyone over 30 is too old and shouldn’t be looked at lmao 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

47 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Seattle does need to at least reach the cap floor, so do they go for several mid range contracts, or a couple big ones?  Will definitely be fun to dissect after, that’s for sure.  

Yeah, just like the Canucks and the perennial lottery winner with our expansion cousin - Seattle will always be attached to Vegas (McPhee vs Francis).

2 hours ago, rekker said:

Voracek is an effective power forward and the Canucks have always had issues against players of his type. He will put up a lot of points against us if he's on the Kraken lineup. 

And eat up a bunch of cap which is also good

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

This is shaping up to be an interesting off season. OEL, Tarasenko, now Voracek. All older players with high cap hits. They are all still effective players to some degree, so I would think there would be interest around the league, but how much are their current teams willing to retain to ship them off?

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Lonny_Bohonos_14 said:

This is shaping up to be an interesting off season. OEL, Tarasenko, now Voracek. All older players with high cap hits. They are all still effective players to some degree, so I would think there would be interest around the league, but how much are their current teams willing to retain to ship them off?

Exactly. And how many teams can actually afford to continue to do this?
I wonder if down the road we’ll end up seeing another battle between NHL and NHLPA over guaranteed contracts and the option to terminate without penalty like the NFL has. Heavy revenue losses last couple years because of Covid and still sooo much money being tied up in dead weight contracts. 

The demographic is definitely changing. Interesting times ahead.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, J-Dizzle said:

Except Myers isn’t a cap problem…. 

Voracek is a first line player who lead his team in scoring. Myers is an average/below average defenseman. I would rather have Voracek and his contract over Myers and his tbh.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • RoughGame 2

1 minute ago, canucklehead44 said:

Voracek is a first line player who lead his team in scoring. Myers is an average/below average defenseman. I would rather have Voracek and his contract over Myers and his tbh.

Borocheck is way overpaid.  Lots and lots of sugar needed to make that old man’s contract taste even halfway decent.