The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Pittsburgh to leave Zucker, McCann, M. Pettersson, and Jarry unprotected for expansion

• CRAZY_4_NAZZY changed the title to [Speculation] Pittsburgh to leave Zucker, McCann, M. Pettersson, and Jarry unprotected for expansion
22 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Among other surprising names potentially being exposed Mike Matheson who had a good year for Pittsburgh and Zach Aston Reese.

Canucks should jump on a Marcus Pettersson or Jared McCann.

I assume you mean via trade. 

• Haha 1

Just now, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

absolutely

With that many quality guys exposed they’re going to lose someone they don’t want to.  Do they exacerbate the situation by losing one to expansion and trading one for futures? 

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

With that many quality guys exposed they’re going to lose someone they don’t want to.  Do they exacerbate the situation by losing one to expansion and trading one for futures? 

If they want to get out from Zucker's contract it might make sense to trade McCann and Pettersson (replenish some picks - Hextall is a draft&develop guy) and hope Seattle bites.

Would open up a decent amount of cap for them in free agency, as well.

Edited by kanucks25

They aren't protecting Jarry? I find that very hard to believe. After a slow start. He definitely picked it up. Still very young and was just an All-Star

Tough playoffs but Jarry went 19-5-2 with a .923 save% from mid-February to the end of April this season

Edited by Virtanen The Great

Just now, Pears said:

Imagine the outrage here if we had to expose Miller after giving up what we did for him? I really thought Zucker was gonna be there for awhile. 

Yeah that trade looks really bad in this context. Or penguins counting on Zucker not being a good fit (which I would agree on)?