The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Gabriel Landeskog seeking 9-10 million on next deal.

So...he would charge any other team the large, but he'd take a discount to stay in Colorado above his current deal?

I'd say $6.75 million per year long term.  5-6 years in Colorado, but some idiot team will give him $7.5 million or more in free agency and regret it.

1 hour ago, khay said:

Well, they clearly failed to do that with Landeskog because he is hitting the market. 

Poor asset management on Sakic's part right? Let a player of his caliber walk for nothing? Shoulda have gotten assets back for Landeskog.

Well, that's what Canucks fans would say if JB let Landeskog hit UFA.

I get it and lol - another theoretical question; careful cause it might trigger some in the forum.

Imo, just like JB, he wanted to field the best roster he could to make a run in the playoffs; and unlike JB, he has some cap space to work with.  Secondly, I assumed that Sakic taught he might be able to convince him to stay for another run - for now, it seems Landeskog is not buying what he is selling ?   Maybe, this is all just theater as part of a negotiating tactic from his end; and at the end of the day, he stays ?

Edited by ShawnAntoski