The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Signing) Mike Smith signs 2 year, 2.2mill extension in EDM

RWJC

As much as I want them to fail, Smith was brilliant for them last regular season. Can't really fault them for trying their luck again with him but I doubt this will last long. I'd probably have gone with a 1 year deal but ho hum.

No Larsson and Barrie and a slower Keith should make for an interesting ride.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

They need to get bigger pucks in Edmonton.

That should help. 

The New England Pat's used deflated balls so the Oil can use inflated Pucks. Sounds about right to.me.

Edited by GarthButcher5

4 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

What happened to Seattle's exclusive negotiating period?  :huh: 

Teams can still negotiate with their own free agents. Deals can’r actually be signed until the roster freeze lifts tomorrow 

Edited by qwijibo

1 hour ago, -AJ- said:

We'll see if he can keep it up, but Smith was very good last year. 2 years is a bit of a risk, but it's not a ton of money. Seems like a fine deal to me.

Meh, he was in a contract year ;) 

More seriously, I'm guessing losing Larsson won't help his numbers this year.  Gotta wonder if he ends up the main guy or the backup.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

I think this is a good extension for Smith. Canucks should've done something like this for the backup.

Agreed the o oilers should have a better starting goalie but that doesn’t change that this is a nice value contract based on his play last season 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Kragar said:

not a bad resemblance, but it would take him 5 years to get that beard going

Trimmed armpit hair and some gorilla glue? He has the option of a tight and curly beard too and I have just made myself ill thinking about this. 

Anyway, I guess it depends what’s in style. 

• Haha 1

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to (Signing) Mike Smith signs 2 year, 2mill extension in EDM