The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2022 NHL Entry Draft

31 minutes ago, winthecup said:

Because it doesnt have Miller in it or the equivalent. I am not sure why people are in such a hurry to trade him. its going to leave a huge void in the lineup. 

Really? There is 700 or 800 pages on it in the Trade Miller thread.

20 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

Oh yea I get it.

Yeah I get you though. Boring as hell. I'm celebrating with a couple Pilsners though anyway which is a little more exciting. :towel:

• Vintage 1

11 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Is it?

I need to know if it is really a real.

If they cant coordinate is, a, and its, don't even give them the opportunity to attempt a reply to your question. Scary thing is it may be worse. Or is may it worse so he understands.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, sxqhfeh said:

Does it really matter who they draft or trade for? the team is still owned by the Aqulinis. You guys will drool who ever they draft and he will instantly become a future Canuck superstar in your little minds, leading to bubble year after bubble year after bubble year. is it a  real entertainment to watching this team get pushed around year after year and watching you guys lose your minds?

I get the mistrust of Aquaman cause he is the architect of both the Gillis & JB front office and it has led to no cups; and the SAME MESS we are all very familiar with: no cap, no prospect depth & not good enough to make the playoffs but not bad enough to draft in the top 3.  Sports is obviously a distraction for the sheep and perhaps - be so kind to let us enjoy something, in this meaningless life we all are stuck in.sheep schmoedown GIF by Collider

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

On 7/6/2022 at 9:14 PM, XxNaslundxX said:

I always try to do my own list up to our pick to see what I would draft. 

This year I would go: Slaf, wright, Nemec, Cooley, Jericek, Gauthier, Kasper, minty, lekerrimaki, kemmel, Pickering, bichsel, mateychuck, korchinski, Savoie as my top 15. 

I just like to keep track: it would be Sergachev, glass, Hughes, Boldy so far since I've started keeping track. Without having picks the last two years. 

I just got home from working all day and then slowly scrolled the page down doing my own draft.
I am stoked! we made the right pick, we got my 9 at 15 and that's amazing. 
Although I wanted a defensive prospect, you always gotta go bpa if you consider them a top 10 pick

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

17 minutes ago, XxNaslundxX said:

I just got home from working all day and then slowly scrolled the page down doing my own draft.
I am stoked! we made the right pick, we got my 9 at 15 and that's amazing. 
Although I wanted a defensive prospect, you always gotta go bpa if you consider them a top 10 pick

Your picks were actually really close! 

Looking forward to tomorrow!  Really hoping that we take swings on as many Russians as possible when they fall down the rankings.  

Well, I’m generally pleased when the team drafts Scandinavians, BUT where will they be finding RHD other than those thrown-away by other teams for clandestine reasons (Hamonic)?

Snipers are good and the organization appears to have bagged more than a few of those.  But, where does this team’s additional size, speed & tenacious grit come from? Do JT Millers, Tyler Motts, & Vasili Podkolzins grow on  trees? 

Trust-worthy, defensively responsible team-depth is required. I hope that gets addressed in subsequent rounds - or perhaps Allvin/Dale Tallon plan to nab more-developed undrafted/free-agent players out of college - as their last pipeline to tap. Find us low-cost ready-to-play-the-necessary-way defenseman & more secondary-scoring with size, speed, grit & skill - as complete packages, pretty, please! 

Character also matters as perhaps the best indicator of future professionalism. No more Jake Virtanens! Should players go through even a few years of college playing successfully for school teams, they demonstrate time-management skills, making social sacrifices, dedication, discipline & teachable smarts, as a baseline at  least.  

Good luck scouting & luring them all in!

Canucks’ Nation expects our Cup-hunting window to open soon & lack of positional depth cannot be an  excuse for their demise, again.    

Edited by viking mama
  • Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, JoshuaGuy said:

There's a 100% chance this lineup was proposed! 

For the record, I own a Hodgson jersey...

:ph34r:

That was our prospect pool after trading away picks attempting to keep 2011 alive. If you bet away your future, the present had better come in and be worth it...Well we all know the outcome. 

You have to be happy with our pick in the end, he was ranked top 10 by most scouts and no one after him looks particularly good. I knew we all had instant regret after the Virtanen and Juolevi pick because superstars were picked right after them, but not this year.

The truth is that all the good players went in the top 10.

Good to see teams like NJD picking defencemen over centers to fill organizational needs, I'm really not one for picking the BPA if your team needs a star defenceman, as we do. We didn't have one to pick from though.

Another small shooter, we do lack playmakers and centers (and obviously defencemen) but I still like this pick because it has Pettersson-like possibility to become elite.

Playing against Shane Wright in the division and Cooley nearby isn't going to be fun but that'll be a great rivalry to watch. I see why Wright dropped but didn't expect him at 4th, and Nemec's suddenly got big shoes to fill.

Anyone in that top 6 really is going to end up elite, like a top line player or top pairing defenceman, but I don't think any of them are truly generational. I think from the 7-10 picks you're going to have just good top players in this group. Next draft will be different though so expect teams who really want to tank to stock up soon on picks.

54 minutes ago, JoshuaGuy said:

There's a 100% chance this lineup was proposed! 

For the record, I own a Hodgson jersey...

:ph34r:

No way! I still have a Hodgson jersey too! My girlfriend at the time (now wife) bought it for me for Valentine’s Day. A few weeks later when the trade deadline came and Hodgson was shipped out for Kassian. Needless to say, that jersey is in mint condition lol!

• Haha 1

The Canucks got a young player today that I thought would be long gone before it got to Vancouver's  pick . Very pleased with getting probably the best sniper from this years draft . Will be great to watch him turn into a pro here in Vancouver .  It was a good day ! Welcome Jonathan Lekkerimaki

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 2

Im hoping that Allvin and his management find a way to give this team another 1-2 draft picks to play with this class. 

I like a lot of European based dman that could be diamond in the roughs in the later rounds this season. I think of Kasper Kulonummi, Kirill Kudryavtsev, and Mattias Havelid are some sneaky good dman that could be hanging around that 80th overall spot. 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, sxqhfeh said:

Does it really matter who they draft or trade for? the team is still owned by the Aqulinis. You guys will drool who ever they draft and he will instantly become a future Canuck superstar in your little minds, leading to bubble year after bubble year after bubble year. is it a  real entertainment to watching this team get pushed around year after year and watching you guys lose your minds?

The genius takes time out his busy day to come troll a fan base must be some sort of big mind thing :bigblush:

Edited by CanuckleHorse
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1