The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Danila Klimovich | C

5 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I'm a photographer/videographer.  Weddings are my thing.  The distortion of the image is due to the wide angle most likely on a phone camera.  Just kills me.

The statement about his pants is one of growth.  He has been photographed in similar pants as those and I am wondering if they're the same ones and if so how much has he already grown since his draft?  The kid looks enormous compared to his draft day!

Exciting time for him.

These pants were bought in Vancouver in September. They were short on purpose (by design). He has indeed grown, though. He's a little taller than me now (I'm just standing closer to the camera).

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RomanP said:

These pants were bought in Vancouver in September. They were short on purpose (by design). He has indeed grown, though. He's a little taller than me now (I'm just standing closer to the camera).

I remember his draft photos thinking that's a mighty big head for such a tiny body and he's more than grown in to it so far

Great interview about him, starts around 47 minutes in...  

Ryan Johnson: "I was talking to him in the dressing room on Saturday morning and Noah Juulsen and a couple of guys overheard that he was getting married. Danila was nervous and had kept this to very much to himself but it was a great moment that in a very short time the whole team made a point that they wanted to be there for him and celebrate this day with him...." 

https://www.sportsnet.ca/650/canucks-central-at-noon/great-year-for-rathbones-growth/

23 hours ago, Boudrias said:

If Klim is staying in Van this summer maybe he can talk Podz in doing the same. Canucks should offer to fly his family here and put them up for a visit. 

Is there a connection between the two? Klimovich is Belarusian and Podz is Russian.

1 hour ago, -AJ- said:

Is there a connection between the two? Klimovich is Belarusian and Podz is Russian.

I believe they only met once both were in Vancouver. But @RomanP would know best. I’m Swedish so I know nothing of these Russian things. I do like the Russian girls though. Might have to find one for myself. -_-

21 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I believe they only met once both were in Vancouver. But @RomanP would know best. I’m Swedish so I know nothing of these Russian things. I do like the Russian girls though. Might have to find one for myself. -_-

You better find a Ukrainian one these days…

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

39 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Go for the Ukrainian girl. She will fight with and for you, but be there with you when times are tough, looking good doing it.

the Russian could poison you, invade your private spaces and take over your independence and the make you do everything she wants and then each times she gets what she wants, she is unhappy.  

or my ex wife.  

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

IF the Vancouver Canucks don't end up making the playoffs, I really hope that the entire British Columbia gets behind the Abby Canucks.  

How cool would it be to see a capacity 7,000 crowd for all the playoff home games! 

4 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

IF the Vancouver Canucks don't end up making the playoffs, I really hope that the entire British Columbia gets behind the Abby Canucks.  

How cool would it be to see a capacity 7,000 crowd for all the playoff home games! 

It would be but the Abby Canuck's have to out point Bakersfield in the remaining games in order to see any playoff games in Abby. 1st round format sucks for the lower tiered team as all 3 playoff games will be played in the higher standing teams home town

1 hour ago, Kootenay Gold said:

It would be but the Abby Canuck's have to out point Bakersfield in the remaining games in order to see any playoff games in Abby. 1st round format sucks for the lower tiered team as all 3 playoff games will be played in the higher standing teams home town

I never knew that, but already hate it.

2 hours ago, Kootenay Gold said:

Climb every mountain ............builds character

25 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Climb every mountain ............builds character

Think they have pretty good character in the room just need goals, goal tending and defence to be at there best for the balance of the season and they should be able to nail down home ice advantage.

2 hours ago, Kootenay Gold said:

Oh no way! Damn 

Well I'll be cheering them on regardless

16 hours ago, Phat Fingers said:

Go for the Ukrainian girl. She will fight with and for you, but be there with you when times are tough, looking good doing it.

the Russian could poison you, invade your private spaces and take over your independence and the make you do everything she wants and then each times she gets what she wants, she is unhappy.  

or my ex wife.  

Funny that these comments came onto this thread. I recently had a conversation with someone who hosted a young Russian girl who was here as an exchange student. Very attractive girl and pleasant on the surface. What my friend discovered over time was that this girl was incredibly manipulative and always viewed every situation as an opportunity to take advantage of. Also used her looks to impress the guys. My observation was that this girls behavior probably reflected the society she was raised in. Many Russians have to really scramble and connive to survive and if possible, get ahead. Their corrupt government is no example to take direction from. 

• Vintage 1