The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Danila Klimovich | C

1 hour ago, Fred65 said:

Too many fans drool over every prospect Vcr ever drafts, Prospects have in my mind to stand out in the AHL to have any chnace in the NHL. I'll say this Karlsson looks like he has a leg up on the rest.

Nice comparison Fred.

Karlsson is 23., Klim is 19. Lets see where he is at when he is 23. Oh. by the way, I do not drool over every prospect as you have implied. He has a long ways to go for sure but to write him off at 19 is just plain stupid.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

12 hours ago, spook007 said:

Yes that sounds good. He may actually turn into a player. 
Not all prospects are in the NHL AT 19-20... maybe we should all remember that. 

Other than high-end 1st round picks, most prospects are not in the AHL at 18-20yrs.  The Canuck org. is throwing

everything they have at Klim to help him make those steps to the NHL.  The odds may be against him, but time

is on his side, so maybe he can get there.  That would be a huge bonus in itself.

Hopefully Klim shows solid improvements; both offensively and defensively this year.  By the end of his 2nd season

in the AHL, hopefully he will be showing some promise, edging his way into the top 6 in Abby.  By the end of the

following season (21yrs old), I hope to see him getting some looks on the big club.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, hammertime said:

really??? I mean we barely gave up a maybe one day player. I'd call that best case scenario.

I would rather had them give up a player with less "potential" upside. That being said, Covid affected the progression of a lot of prospects and many may require an additional year to develop. He is 24 so this is the year he needs to put it all together or he may be destined to be an AHL player for most of his career.

7 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

He gone.

We've heard this story before.  He's either gone or an add on for yet another unimpressive vet on a contract we can't afford.  Jimmy Rutherallvin has a history of this exact play

Rutherford is pushing me really close to where I was with Keenan, where I basically just found other things to do with my time until he was fired.

31 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

He gone.

We've heard this story before.  He's either gone or an add on for yet another unimpressive vet on a contract we can't afford.  Jimmy Rutherallvin has a history of this exact play

23 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Rutherford is pushing me really close to where I was with Keenan, where I basically just found other things to do with my time until he was fired.

What has JR with this to do?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

He gone.

Non-sense 

He's a 19 year old kid playing with men in the AHL.  

We've seen prospects get spoiled by being pushed up to the NHL way too fast and foregoing their maturing process and defensive side of the game.  

Now we have a different approach with a very promising and raw talent in Klimovich and what happens?  Fans are being antsy because a 19 year old raw prospect has ups and downs.  

Faber and Dhaliwal's job is to throw oil on the fire and get retweets, likes, comments, etc.  Their statements can be factually correct but the sentiment that they create is something that's not constructive.  

2 hours ago, Warhippy said:

He gone.

Wanna bet? lol

• There it is 1

1 hour ago, VancouverHabitant said:

We've seen prospects get spoiled by being pushed up to the NHL way too fast and foregoing their maturing process and defensive side of the game.  

Now we have a different approach with a very promising and raw talent in Klimovich and what happens?  Fans are being antsy because a 19 year old raw prospect has ups and downs.  

Faber and Dhaliwal's job is to throw oil on the fire and get retweets, likes, comments, etc.  Their statements can be factually correct but the sentiment that they create is something that's not constructive.  

He's had ups?

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

wanna bet what?  That JR has a history of flipping prospects as add ons to trades?

Sure.  What's your poison on this one?

I'll pull up his trade history 

I'm talking specifically about Danila, knowing the exact plan the organization currently has for him and people working with him. Can the plan change and him becoming a trade option? Sure, everyone can become one. However, playing percentages, at this point it's highly unlikely.

• Cheers 1