The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Danila Klimovich | C

14 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Only worry about sending Danila to the Q is him picking up a Québécois accent, or showing up to Vancouver speaking full on Québécois French. :P

On the bright side, it might give us an excuse to hire Burrows to the coaching staff, if just for translation purposes. ;) 

There's a lot of English speaking kids play in the Q. Mostly kids from the Maritimes, although away from the rink Rouyen Noranda is in the heart of seperatist country. I occassionally stay in Val'd'Or ( right next door ) and have few problems

57 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

There's a lot of English speaking kids play in the Q. Mostly kids from the Maritimes, although away from the rink Rouyen Noranda is in the heart of seperatist country. I occassionally stay in Val'd'Or ( right next door ) and have few problems

Klim will love Quebec.  And the people there will love him.  He’s going to be a superstar in the Q.  60+ goals.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

In his recent interview today, the general manager of the KHL club Dinamo, Minsk said that the club is in discussion with the NHL clubs from Vancouver and Winnipeg about two 2021 draft picks (Klimovich and Kuzmin) signed to ELC contracts. This is possible that those two players could be loaned to Dinamo, Minsk

https://belarushockey.com/khl/news/2021/08/18/dva-igroka-iz-nhl-mogut-perejti-na-pravah-arendy-v-minskoe-dinamo/

• Thanks 3
  • Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Stierlitz said:

In his recent interview today, the general manager of the KHL club Dinamo, Minsk said that the club is in discussion with the NHL clubs from Vancouver and Winnipeg about two 2021 draft picks (Klimovich and Kuzmin) signed to ELC contracts. This is possible that those two players could be loaned to Dinamo, Minsk

https://belarushockey.com/khl/news/2021/08/18/dva-igroka-iz-nhl-mogut-perejti-na-pravah-arendy-v-minskoe-dinamo/

A couple of things, Is the standard of coaching similar to here,  we know in the Q he'd be getting lots of visit from Vcr staff. Is the rink International or NA size, will he get "rookie" ice time

18 minutes ago, Stierlitz said:

Nah F that. After they held pod hostage and brainwashed tryamkin I've had more than enough. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

17 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Only worry about sending Danila to the Q is him picking up a Québécois accent, or showing up to Vancouver speaking full on Québécois French. :P

On the bright side, it might give us an excuse to hire Burrows to the coaching staff, if just for translation purposes. ;) 

Yeah, but who will translate for Burr? I mean, he's back in Quebec, so his accent probably got a bit thicker... 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

A couple of things, Is the standard of coaching similar to here,  we know in the Q he'd be getting lots of visit from Vcr staff. Is the rink International or NA size, will he get "rookie" ice time

Dinamo, Minsk will play on NA rink size (60x26 m) this season. In previous seasons the club played on the Finnish ice rink 60x28 m. Head coach of the club is Craig Woodcroft: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craig_Woodcroft

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Nah F that. After they held pod hostage and brainwashed tryamkin I've had more than enough. 

It sure sounds like Klim’s dream is to play over here.  We should be doing whatever we can to help him with that.  So get him over here now, and he plays in the A or the Q.  Sure, he’s way too good for the CHL, but let him dominate and put up 60+ goals.  Be fun for him, and he gets adjusted to Canada.  

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Alflives said:

It sure sounds like Klim’s dream is to play over here.  We should be doing whatever we can to help him with that.  So get him over here now, and he plays in the A or the Q.  Sure, he’s way too good for the CHL, but let him dominate and put up 60+ goals.  Be fun for him, and he gets adjusted to Canada.  

I see the Huckies have him listed on the roster

Huskies de Rouyn-Noranda

and there is a shortage of Anglophones on the roster

There is another exhibition game for the Belarus national team against Barys today. The score was 4-4 after 3rd period. Two experienced forwards from the KHL clubs Shane Prince and Geoff Platt joined the Belarusian team and played today, Klimovich did not play.

woodcroft.jpg

Edited by Stierlitz

Interesting news: unlike Podkolzin who is waiting for Canadian work visa, Klimovich has already obtained it in 2020 to play for the Huskies team in Quebec. He may move to NA whenever his duty with the national team is over.

The final roster for Belarusian national team to play in Bratislava will be announced tomorrow.

Edited by Stierlitz
  • Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1

25 minutes ago, Stierlitz said:

Interesting news: unlike Podkolzin who is waiting for Canadian work visa, Klimovich has already obtained it in 2020 to play for the Huskies team in Quebec. He may move to NA whenever his duty with the national team is over.

The final roster for Belarusian national team to play in Bratislava will be announced tomorrow.

Thanks for keeping us all updated

• Cheers 3

1 hour ago, Stierlitz said:

So this will be for the Olympic qualifiers?

What would you say his chances of making the team are? And what are the chances Belarus qualifies?

2 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

That also makes it very likely and reasonable for him to play in the Q then if he does come over to North America. 

11 hours ago, DeNiro said:

So this will be for the Olympic qualifiers?

What would you say his chances of making the team are? And what are the chances Belarus qualifies?

Yes this is Olympic qualifiers and those games are very important for Belarus, their top manager said that going to Olympic Games would be like winning Stainley Cup for them. No suprise that the head coach Woodcroft has preferred to go with experienced players. Belarus has good chance to qualify but this is going to be difficult to beat Slovakia on home ice.

• Cheers 1

Sure hope Klimovich, 18,  6'2, 210 lbs comes to Canada and gets adjusted. He needs to play 18--20 mins and  dominate.. I think he would put up at least 48-50 goals in Q ?  Playing in AHL he won't get quality ice time..

Would love to see him traded to WHL Giants...

• Like 1