The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Leadership Group

Rate this topic

stawns

34 minutes ago, stawns said:

Three A's is a definite possibility, but I hope they ditch the home/away thing.  Choose a leadership team and stick with it, imo

With all due respect, @stawns, a leadership group is not chosen...it emerges naturally.  With that being said, there are players who are natural de-facto leaders without having to wear an "A" or "C" on their jersey. 

In my eyes, the leadership group = core group of players.  The core of this club, as I see it, is made up of: Demko, Hughes, Pettersson, Boeser, Horvat and Miller.  I expect OEL to evolve into the core group.  With that being said, my choice is no different than those already being suggested...any three of Hughes, Pettersson, Boeser and Miller would make great Assistant Captains.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, stawns said:

So with Eddie and Sutter presumably gone, what does the leadership group look like now?

Bo and..............?

Bo ---Miller --Myers -- OEL..

"A" --- rotate -- Miller -  Hughes  - Myers - Petey --

8 minutes ago, bigbadcanucks said:

With all due respect, @stawns, a leadership group is not chosen...it emerges naturally.  With that being said, there are players who are natural de-facto leaders without having to wear an "A" or "C" on their jersey. 

In my eyes, the leadership group = core group of players.  The core of this club, as I see it, is made up of: Demko, Hughes, Pettersson, Boeser, Horvat and Miller.  I expect OEL to evolve into the core group.  With that being said, my choice is no different than those already being suggested...any three of Hughes, Pettersson, Boeser and Miller would make great Assistant Captains.

Well someone chooses it, obviously based on the natural emergence of leaders.  I'd say it's a collaboration between Bo and the coaching staff

1 hour ago, smokes said:

I wouldn't count Sutter out yet. We need a fouth line center

Please don' t say that.  I've already popped the cork on the Champagne to celebrate Christmas in July with all the deadwood (Rousell, Beagle, Lucky Loui, Special Ed, Butter-Sutter and now Jake the Ripper) gone in one fell swoop.  

Who says there's no God ?

I now believe !

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, wildcam said:

Khaira, 26, 6'4, gritty, Surry Boy,   2 yrs  -1yr 1.2 -- 2yr 1.4  ... TOI 12 mins   C/LW

And 2 big concussions close together at the end of the season. He's pretty inconsistent as well. He stands out in about 35% of his games. Definitely a good team player though when it comes to standing up for the boys. 

2 hours ago, MikeyD said:

And 2 big concussions close together at the end of the season. He's pretty inconsistent as well. He stands out in about 35% of his games. Definitely a good team player though when it comes to standing up for the boys. 

Ya Im not sold on this guy, inconsistent for sure and like you said concussion issues and we don't need to make that mistake again ie Ferland........Love his size and grit though

Sounds to me like most think it's Bo, Myers and Miller as the main leadership group.  I'm curious what people think Miller brings to.the leadership group?  I get he plays with fire and passion, but I feel that's not necessarily the best quality for a letter.

OEL will be wearing a letter. The guy has Olympic, World Championship, World Junior and was a Captain/Assistant of his team for years. He has been touted as our #1 by our GM and will play a huge role. 
He probably already has the respect of the Officials around the league as well, so does Bo. Miller has a bit of a radical temper, Petey just stares and rolls his eyes. I’m sure Myers will get the opportunity or Sutter might be back in a 4th line role as reported. 
Down the road Petey, Brock and Quinn will probably get the nod along with Bo to be the leaders of the team. 

1 hour ago, kesler_sedins said:

Our entire team should be our leadership group. Players don't need a letter to lead.

So no one wears a letter?  Or does everyone wear one?  With 23 roster players they could almost cover the alphabet