The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021-22 Abbotsford Canucks Thread

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Does the team seem pretty tough (physical and fighting tough) to you?  It just seems like there’s a lot of toughness on that club., and a focus for them.  

I would say so, Alf. Not necessarily fighting tough, but hard to play against as well. Ryan Johnson seems to be building a Calder Cup contender here with these signings.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I would say so, Alf. Not necessarily fighting tough, but hard to play against as well. Ryan Johnson seems to be building a Calder Cup contender here with these signings.

Two Cup parades in June 2022.  One down Georgia, and one down South Fraser Way.  :towel:

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

19 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Huge Kannok-Leipert fan.

Love how they are really going after local talent and giving them a chance. This will certainly draw more local interest as fans, but going forward with BC born players. 

Alex is a real solid Dman. He sticks to a simple game and consistently makes the plays in front of him. Not fancy, just solid. 

With the two Giants now, I guess I'll be taking in some games in Abby. 

• Cheers 1

On 8/17/2021 at 11:25 PM, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Considering Columbus only has 4 signed goalies and the Canucks have 5. I wonder if Silovs finds himself in Kalamazoo to get games. 

I'd imagine some of the AHL signed contracts lget sent down too.

I think Silovs is eligible to return to the Barrie Colts, so I wouldn't be shocked if he goes back there for a full season as the starter but I'm not entirely sure what the rules are. He'd be an Overager.

39 minutes ago, Quantum said:

I think Silovs is eligible to return to the Barrie Colts, so I wouldn't be shocked if he goes back there for a full season as the starter but I'm not entirely sure what the rules are. He'd be an Overager.

Definitely, gets also muddied because CHL teams can only have I think up to 2 import draft players. To be an overager and an import draft pick would make it difficult to git him in. However, I don't know Barrie's situation so it may be okay.

On 8/17/2021 at 3:26 PM, Alflives said:

This kid is a serious face puncher.  Old time lock up for balance and trade face shots.  Love this guy!  Keith Magnuson!  

Shades of Rick Rypien is what I was thinking watching those videos.

Edited by John_Guest

19 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Great signing, and once again here is the advantage of having our own farm team while being close to home.  

Keppen was pretty hyped when we drafted him but seems to not progress as hoped.  Good show me contract to see if he can take his game to a pro level without using a contract spot on the big club.

Hopefully there will be a way we can watch these games on tv/stream.  Pretty excited for the Baby Canucks!

• Cheers 1

Glad they are giving Keppen another look.

Thought he had a really rough draw getting hurt in his D+1 year and then basically getting no playing time in his D+2 year to prove himself.

This is a very smart bet and great signing.

Lots of CHL based signings with Nielsen, Kannok-Leipert, Keppen, and Wouters on AHL deals. For a while had thought the Canucks were pretty bad at developing CHL prospects, but this is a great way to farm that league as well.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Petey Castiglione said:

Great signing, and once again here is the advantage of having our own farm team while being close to home.  

Keppen was pretty hyped when we drafted him but seems to not progress as hoped.  Good show me contract to see if he can take his game to a pro level without using a contract spot on the big club.

Hopefully there will be a way we can watch these games on tv/stream.  Pretty excited for the Baby Canucks!

Keppen was really dealt a crappy hand these past two seasons. First year out long term with an injury and then Covid  and all its issues toasted his 2nd year.

Basically 2 years with out much ice time. Hope he works really hard this off season and has a good showing in Abby.

Edited by Kootenay Gold
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1