The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks requiring covid vaccination for staff and fans

Rate this topic

cuporbust

I have zero issue with this decision if they move forward with it.  Those otherwise healthy people in society willingly choosing not to vaccinate will need to accept this as a small repercussion of their choice.   My only question is what about kids and/or those adults who cannot vaccinate due to pre-existing conditions?

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

34 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

I have zero issue with this decision if they move forward with it.  Those otherwise healthy people in society willingly choosing not to vaccinate will need to accept this as a small repercussion of their choice.   My only question is what about kids and/or those adults who cannot vaccinate due to pre-existing conditions?

There are no pre-existing conditions that preclude you from getting this vaccine other than a specific allergy to a component of the shot. That excuse doesn’t hold water like most of them. 
Frankly unvaccinated kids should not go to the games in this situation for their own protection. Kids have already lost so much in this pandemic, don’t want to deny them this but the facts of the situation are what they are. Approval should be coming soon down to 5.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Wat 1
  • Vintage 1

41 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Wish they'd do the same in the UK...

Germany is doing it in a semi-sneaky way. Since you either need a vaccination, proof of recovery, or 24 hour negative test to do most things (go to the gym, eat indoors, go to a movie, indoor bar, etc) the government is planning to get rid of free testing (unless there's a reason like health risks for taking a vaccine).

That way you need to pay every time you need to get a test. So if you plan to watch a movie you either need to have proof of vaccination or recovery. Or pay over 20 euros to get tested 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

Germany is doing it in a semi-sneaky way. Since you either need a vaccination, proof of recovery, or 24 hour negative test to do most things (go to the gym, eat indoors, go to a movie, indoor bar, etc) the government is planning to get rid of free testing (unless there's a reason like health risks for taking a vaccine).

That way you need to pay every time you need to get a test. So if you plan to watch a movie you either need to have proof of vaccination or recovery. Or pay over 20 euros to get tested 

Cheers @iinatcc

I think its the way to go tbh... If you are not vaccinated, you can not go into a bar, Cinema, travel, Gym, Restaurant etc... 

That would make 90% of the remaining un vaccinated get the vaccine... 

The restaurant owners etc. are opposed to it as they say it not possible to control, or would take too much effort, but surely there could be a trade off somewhere...

Just now, iinatcc said:

You probably aren't going to prevent Covid from spreading fully ... ever. The point of vaccination is to mitigate the spreading and also preventing hospitalization even if you are infected 

I am posing this question, because in my opinion, it will happen. So when it happens, who gets the blame? Right now the blame on COVID spread is on unvaccinated. When you're in a situation where everyone who attends the event must be vaccinated, where does said blame go then? Honest question

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2