The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coyotes lose vote for new arena - future unclear

Rate this topic

mll

• mll changed the title to City of Glendale will not renew arrangements with Coyotes to play at Gila River Arena past this season
1 minute ago, goalie13 said:

As reported elsewhere, they don't even have anywhere to play this season.

I honestly think the team knew this was happen, hence the move to scrap all the parts for draft picks.

Also, the Coyotes do have a place to play THIS season. It's next season that the team is no longer in Glendale.

Edited by Dazzle
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Dazzle said:

I honestly think the team knew this was happen, hence the move to scrap all the parts for draft picks.

Agreed.  Except I totally read the headline wrong.  I thought they were screwed for this season.  Well, they are, but in a different way.

• Cheers 2

Just now, goalie13 said:

Agreed.  Except I totally read the headline wrong.  I thought they were screwed for this season.  Well, they are, but in a different way.

Yup, they knew to scrap the team this year, add a bunch of nice futures to entice a bew buyer.  I have to think they stay in the west---KC, Portland, or Houston are probably pretty likely landing spots.  I'm betting Houston though.

2 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Also, the Coyotes do have a place to play THIS season. It's next season that the team is no longer in Glendale.

It's the risk of being on CDC while I am supposedly working.  I was trying to half pay attention to a meeting while focusing on things that really matter, like sports.

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 2