The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Senators Brady Tkachuk offer 64 m 8 year contract.

aznmonk

Definite overpayment in my opinion. 

I guess the Sens have to pay that extra premium for players to play in Ottawa. It’s sad that about half our Canadian cities are considered sh!t hole places by the players; Deadmonton, Ottawa, and Winterpeg. These places tend to have to pay a bit extra. 

17 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

Oh how come?? i thought all RFA's are eligible...  or ONLY 1 RFA per team can receive an offer sheet each offseason?

QH is RFA 10.2c.  Not eligible for offersheet.   JB did the same with Boeser.  Burn that first year by playing only a handful of games. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, khay said:

@TimråfanB since JB is ruthless (as he has ruthlessly kicked off Dahlen, Stecher, Markstrom, Tanev, and Toffoli off of the team),

I know you're doing an ironic jab here so not arguing with you but on a general note I don't really get why people are so opinionated on these moves. Quite simple in my book.

Markström, contract is too rich for us especially with Demko in the fold, so makes sense for both sides to move on

Stecher - is he a top 6D on a contending team worth 1.5-2 mil? No way, love the guy but again, makes sense for both sides to move on

Tanev - well the jury's still out on this one I guess, short term it might look like we should've offered him at least what Calgary did but if he plays 60- games next season and then declines as many expect the picture changes, personally i think moving on was the right call

Dahlen - this one is just a bad look for player, agent and JB, from an asset point of view way too early to call it though

Toffoli - this one is obviously a mistake by JB in hindsight considering he extended Virtanen for 2.5, you could argue 4 years is a bit too long as toffoli is probably past his peak when we're contending but 4.5 is still probably worth it both short term and long term

• Cheers 2

5 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Sens owner ain't exactly known for spending money so if Tkachuk was really offered that, you can imagine how much EP was offered by Benning.

dunno why people keep saying this when hes signed some big contracts like Bobby Ryan, Chabot, Murray, Batherson and now soon to be Tkachuk. 

2 hours ago, J-P said:

I know you're doing an ironic jab here so not arguing with you but on a general note I don't really get why people are so opinionated on these moves. Quite simple in my book.

Markström, contract is too rich for us especially with Demko in the fold, so makes sense for both sides to move on

Stecher - is he a top 6D on a contending team worth 1.5-2 mil? No way, love the guy but again, makes sense for both sides to move on

Tanev - well the jury's still out on this one I guess, short term it might look like we should've offered him at least what Calgary did but if he plays 60- games next season and then declines as many expect the picture changes, personally i think moving on was the right call

Dahlen - this one is just a bad look for player, agent and JB, from an asset point of view way too early to call it though

Toffoli - this one is obviously a mistake by JB in hindsight considering he extended Virtanen for 2.5, you could argue 4 years is a bit too long as toffoli is probably past his peak when we're contending but 4.5 is still probably worth it both short term and long term

Agree in full. Even Toffoli, I'd argue that JB made up for it by getting (younger) Garland. 

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, J-P said:

Stetcher I disagree he could very well be great value on a contender. But for the Canucks having a 6D who is 5'10 didn't fit our needs. Our D was 3ply. 

Dahlen I think we can call it at this point. 

Tanev would have been good to keep but I bet you trading him saved JB a few mill on Hughes new contract. 

Toffoli was a mistake 100% even before all this fiasco the writing was on the wall w Jake

Marky deserved a better contract than we could afford. I'm happy he got paid. 

• Cheers 1

Where are the sedins influence on young pettersson.. should have a swede connection. Go talk to pettersson's mom, get her to knock some sense into him lol. Mom's are always right have to listen to them.... Petterson already missed so much games during his injury.  He should sign now to get back to playing hockey..

Edited by aznmonk
Adding more content
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Stetcher I disagree he could very well be great value on a contender. But for the Canucks having a 6D who is 5'10 didn't fit our needs. Our D was 3ply. 

Dahlen I think we can call it at this point. 

Tanev would have been good to keep but I bet you trading him saved JB a few mill on Hughes new contract. 

Toffoli was a mistake 100% even before all this fiasco the writing was on the wall w Jake

Marky deserved a better contract than we could afford. I'm happy he got paid. 

Agree that Stecher didn't fit our needs. He might be ok as 6/7D on a contender during regular season but not in the playoffs. I know the stats said he did ok in the bubble playoffs, but when actually watching the games it was obvious IMO that he was a liability other teams exploited.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, aznmonk said:

Where are the sedins influence on young pettersson.. should have a swede connection. Go talk to pettersson's mom, get her to knock some sense into him lol. Mom's are always right have to listen to them.... Petterson already missed so much games during his injury.  He should sign now to get back to playing hockey..

Probably as much influence on Naslund's best friend Peter Forsberg & getting him to sign here when he was a UFA.:lol:

2 hours ago, Drakrami said:

dunno why people keep saying this when hes signed some big contracts like Bobby Ryan, Chabot, Murray, Batherson and now soon to be Tkachuk. 

Bobby and Murray weren't great, but Chabot and Batherson are money in the bank.

I'm hoping I get one, maybe two years of sneaking Batherson in a 240 deep draft pool before people start to notice.

T'chunk junior is a great player that I'd have on my team any day of the week, but not at 8x8 if I had a say. A lot to lock that much up in a power winger likely to cap at 50/60 pts a year. Early results show Matthew (his brother) as having a wider skill set, and he's on a $7 mill bridge deal, which is around the same deal that Elias should get.

4 hours ago, J-P said:

Agree that Stecher didn't fit our needs. He might be ok as 6/7D on a contender during regular season but not in the playoffs. I know the stats said he did ok in the bubble playoffs, but when actually watching the games it was obvious IMO that he was a liability other teams exploited.

I feel that he could be very effective depth on a team that could use him to his strengths. Which ain't us.  But hey I also feel that way about Beartshi. 

Edited by hammertime
  • Cheers 1

9 hours ago, grandmaster said:

Definite overpayment in my opinion. 

I guess the Sens have to pay that extra premium for players to play in Ottawa. It’s sad that about half our Canadian cities are considered sh!t hole places by the players; Deadmonton, Ottawa, and Winterpeg. These places tend to have to pay a bit extra. 

Two of those are considered $&!#holes by almost everybody not just NHLers. 

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, J-P said:

With better players around no way the other team would dare push against him and leave gaping holes when our other players step in. 

So no, Stecher was really important for the team. 

• RoughGame 2

20 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

With better players around no way the other team would dare push against him and leave gaping holes when our other players step in. 

So no, Stecher was really important for the team. 

Valid point. Still it only takes one guy to separate you from the puck in the corner, so a small player with stechers style of playing and level of talent will always have problems in the playoffs defensively. Offensively he's ok for a 3rd pairing guy.

• Cheers 1

15 hours ago, hammertime said:

I really don't think Pete deserves anything more than this. He hasn't proved much yet for for me this is max $$ at max term or bet on yourself and sign a bridge. If he can't stay healthy and quit cancerously pouting on the bench when he struggles then he won't be worth any more. 

lol cancerously pouting? damn better get rid of this useless pos before his cancerous attitude rub off on the team. so call fans on this team will trash and spew negative comments about their players to any extent in order to justify how so and so is worth nothing in the league compared to their peers

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, J-P said:

Valid point. Still it only takes one guy to separate you from the puck in the corner, so a small player with stechers style of playing and level of talent will always have problems in the playoffs defensively. Offensively he's ok for a 3rd pairing guy.

So what was his statistics in those games people say the other team had an advantage?

I saw the other team try with their best. 
But failed because they didn’t understand how good Stecher is.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1