The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2021 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

12 hours ago, gurn said:

Hope it isn't related to his child's medical condition.

Best wishes Travis.

Had the same thought - hope everything is alright.  Glad to hear he’ll be in for camp.  

Of course, made the mistake of clicking on the tweet and true to form miserable Canucks Twitter was trying to turn it into an anti-vax witch hunt.  They’re just the worst.  Every time.

Edited by ilduce39
  • Like 1

I have tickets for Friday morning and just realized I may have a problem. Entry requires your vax pass and government issued photo ID. I just got my driver’s license renewed and only have the paper temp one right now, so no picture. I wonder how sticky they are going to be at the door about this? The wife has hers so hopefully 3 out of 4 will be good enough. If any of you who go tomorrow could let me I’d really appreciate it. Oh well, fingers crossed. We are excited to get our first look at all the new faces

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

22 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

I have tickets for Friday morning and just realized I may have a problem. Entry requires your vax pass and government issued photo ID. I just got my driver’s license renewed and only have the paper temp one right now, so no picture. I wonder how sticky they are going to be at the door about this? The wife has hers so hopefully 3 out of 4 will be good enough. If any of you who go tomorrow could let me I’d really appreciate it. Oh well, fingers crossed. We are excited to get our first look at all the new faces

Have you got another photo idea you can take as proof? Passport maybe? 

• Cheers 3

Just watched Garland and OEL's presser. Garland sounds like a really smart guy, well-spoken, and seems really motivated.

I think we got a great player in Garland and role model for a guy like Hoglander, who is undersized but goes to the hard areas and plays with grit.

LW: Miller-Pearson-Hoglander-Motte/Highmore

RW: Boeser-Garland-Podkolzin-MacEwen/Lockwood

This is some crazy depth on both wings.

Once EP re-signs center depth is going to be awesome.

C: EP-Horvat-Dickinson-Sutter

Can't wait for the season to start.

• Cheers 3

33 minutes ago, khay said:

Just watched Garland and OEL's presser. Garland sounds like a really smart guy, well-spoken, and seems really motivated.

I think we got a great player in Garland and role model for a guy like Hoglander, who is undersized but goes to the hard areas and plays with grit.

LW: Miller-Pearson-Hoglander-Motte/Highmore

RW: Boeser-Garland-Podkolzin-MacEwen/Lockwood

This is some crazy depth on both wings.

Once EP re-signs center depth is going to be awesome.

C: EP-Horvat-Dickinson-Sutter

Can't wait for the season to start.

Sutter and Motte both will not be ready to start the season. Sutter is out with fatigue. Motte had a surgery in the off season.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 4petesake said:

So funny you write this....I had exactly the same issue.  I was thinking of taking my passport, then thought maybe I should take my Nexus card instead, because I can put it in my wallet and I'm less likely to lose it.  But now I don't have to worry -- right on cue, my driver's license came in the mail today!  I got my new photo taken on Sept. 10th, so hopefully that gives you some idea as to when you can expect your  license.  If yours still  isn't likely to come before the weekend, don't worry, your passport should be fine.  But consider taking your Nexus (if you have one), if you want something you can fit in your wallet.  BTW I had the same concern when I went to vote on Monday, and I knew they would want some photo id.  Luckily, the accepted my temporary license for that!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RakuRaku said:

So.. With Sutter out indefinitely, who can fill in as %C now?? Dowling? Petan? Maybe JB should bring in a centre on PTO?? 

Eric Staal on a PTO would make sense.

The other player the Canucks were linked to was Brandon Pirri though. 

• Huggy Bear 1

5 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Eric Staal on a PTO would make sense.

The other player the Canucks were linked to was Brandon Pirri though. 

Ya.. I'd love to see Staal but he'd probably wanna join a contender... Where are u hearing wr are looking at Pirri?? He's alright, versatile but isn't a typical 4th liner to provide energy and toughness. I would've kept Hawryluk but he hasn't played C much. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, 4petesake said:

Your BC medical card should suffice as it has your photo on it or take your passport if you have one.

Edited by Kootenay Gold
  • Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1