The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign Elias Pettersson, Quinn Hughes

1 minute ago, theo5789 said:

All we know is the time is now. I don't think there is anymore waiting. We have gone all in when we traded the 9th overall and shed all of the dead weight.

The next 3 years will tell the tail, still need to add a quality D man though.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kloubek said:

I know it's only for 3 years, but I feel 7.35aav for Petey is a very good deal for us. It's about as low as any of us could have realistically hoped, I think. (And lower than the 7.75 reported yesterday). Kudos to Petey for accepting that amount rather than drag this on for another half mil. He's gonna get *paid* in three years, and I'm sure that fact wasn't lost on him.

For Hughes, I do think it is *slightly* high, but not bad. More than a million less than Makar - though his defensive acumen isn't likely as strong as Makar's. (Last season, it wasn't even close). I would have preferred to see around 7 over 6 years, but whatever. It's done. 

Let's play some hockey.

Petey’s deal is good Hughes for sure there is risk and reward.  

• Like 1

so based on the numbers EP signed for.. seems the issue with the contract is more Benning than EP for dragging it out this long. i mean he's signing for barely more than barzal makes u wonder what he even offered EP in the beginning.. i doubt if he offered 7mil x3 right from the get go it would drag this long over 350k apart.

• Wat 2

3 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Back-of-the-envelope tally: 10 great players, at $ 52,000,000 !!!

A 5.2 mill avg..this season, it's an incredible opportunity.

EP, BB, Bo, JT, Nils, Podzilla, Garland, OEL, QH & TD come in at THAT^ number?! Forgettaboutit!

Definitely a big opportunity this year.  OEL of old would be a huge win

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1