The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign Elias Pettersson, Quinn Hughes

2 hours ago, bbllpp said:

Petey’s deal is good Hughes for sure there is risk and reward.  

Thing is, I don't actually view it as high risk.

His rookie season was not a flash in the pan. This kid is the real deal. And yes, I know, he isn't stellar defensively but I maintain that by my eye test he was ok for a season, but struggled last season.  Many players did. Covid sucks too. It was a season to forget.

He will get bigger and stronger - which should help somewhat. He's going to improve. By the final years of this contract, it will be a solid ROI. It just seems a bit steep right now, given his deficiencies. Pair him with the right defenseman and he will shine.

I was a little worried he would want a short term so he could book it to NJ. He committed to this team.

I like that.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Jim Benning has had the best off season of his career! Fantasic signings for the Nucks.

Now that most of the pieces are in place, let's see who earns roster spots and how this team, which looks great on paper, faires over the course of this year. Personally, I haven't been this excited for the start to a season since 08/09 and this team is trending in that direction. If OJ or JR can become a full time NHL d-man and Hamonic comes back, we could do some serious damage this year. GCG!!