The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Pre-Season Jets @ Canucks Sunday, Oct. 3/21 - 4:00 PM Rogers Arena

Rate this topic

-DLC-

4 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Doesn't look like much of a lineup from the Jets tbh, we should start seeing what resembles regular season lineups soon

Seems to he the MO this pre-season: Nearly full rosters for home games, and an AHL squad with the minimum required number of NHL vets for away games.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Would've been nice to see some more kids play.  Interesting D pairings...  

Presumably OEL and Poolman stay together.  

Brad Hunt - Jack Rathbone ?

Kyle Burrows - Madison Bowey ?

I'm glad that Bowey will finally get a chance to play.  

I think it'll be if we are looking at righties with lefties

Rathbone - Bowey

Hunt - Burroughs 

Looks like neither team is super NHL-heavy here. Really hoping we pare down our roster after this one to get down to the serious NHL contenders. Glad to see Horvat and Poolman back in though. No Myers might be rough though.

I didn't expect them to be in tonight, but I'm hoping that Petey and Hughes can be in for Tuesday's game.

• Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Looks like neither team is super NHL-heavy here. Really hoping we pare down our roster after this one to get down to the serious NHL contenders. Glad to see Horvat and Poolman back in though. No Myers might be rough though.

I didn't expect them to be in tonight, but I'm hoping that Petey and Hughes can be in for Tuesday's game.

Excited to see OEL again too!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Locke Lamora said:

Interested to see the D pairings for this one. Starting to think that Rathbone deserves better than Schenn as a partner. Like how Schenn was looking in camp, but not so much the last few games.

And no OJ? Interesting.

Rumours swirling that it’s Brock’s wrist problems flaring up again. I’m surprised more people aren’t freaking out about this. We need Prime Brock if we are going anywhere this year.

I haven't heard that anywhere. Where did you hear it's his wrist? I find it hard to believe that would get leaked even if true. 

2 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

Dunno why we aren't trying to gel lines here before the season starts... 

Garland-Miller-Podkolzin has been together basically from the start. Petey just arrived and Boeser is out currently. Pearson and Horvat have been together, just trying to find the winger for them (would like to see Hoglander back with them though and try Gadjovich with the big boys maybe?) The 4th line is just for competition now with Motte and Sutter out. So aside from the 4th line, I think they've generally been getting the lines to work together for some time.

As for defense, OEL and Poolman have been a thing from the start. Hughes and Hamonic both have had their situations. And we have been seeing the competition for the bottom pair and extras.

We still, I believe, 3 more preseason games after tonight. There will be cuts after tonight's game, so we will likely start seeing the full roster by the last couple of games unless the competition has been fierce for some spots and need further evaluation.

16 minutes ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

I haven't heard that anywhere. Where did you hear it's his wrist? I find it hard to believe that would get leaked even if true. 

Thomas Drance on a podcast. I would hope the guy wouldn’t mention the wrist if he didn’t have a pretty good source on it. But it wouldn’t surprise me either if it was baseless speculation. The media in this town has had some real low points of late, like Matt Sekeres making up news that Quinn Hughes was on an I.V. with Covid. Surprised that on of Quinn’s stipulations on resigning here wasn’t to have that clown Sekeres leave town.

• Cheers 2