The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Have 3 Players in SN's Top 25 Under 15.

Rate this topic

allegend

2 hours ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

Hf nucks is truly a cess pool. In the last 5 years I've been banned 4 times and numerous like privileges taken away.

The irony of it all is every single time was from a nuck mod. Our own supposed fans quite literally are more toxic towards the nucks than the other fan bases. Like how Fn pathetic is that? Lol.

The irony of that “Canucks board” is that they pride themselves on being factual and logical and yet they’re anything but.  

In December 2019 or January 2020 (can’t remember) when the Canucks went on an absolute tear and were winning most of their games, the main posters on there actually seemed angry....because we were winning games despite giving up lots of high danger chances.  When I simply pointed out the fact that the Canucks, in most of those games, were racing out to leads only to play an ill-advised “protect the lead” style of game which lead to a lot of those puck possession and high danger chance disparities, I was banned for trolling.

One poster on there, tantalum, was pretty much saying things like, “if it wasn’t for Markstrom and Tanev, the Canucks would be holding hands with Detroit and Buffalo at the bottom of the league.”

That site is just the most ridiculous and toxic “Canucks place” that I’ve ever seen.  According to them, the Canucks have been unsuccessfully rebuilding for the last 7 years.  The 2015 and 2020 playoffs don’t count since Mike Gillis, Jacob Markstrom, Chris Tanev, and Judd Brackett were the only ones responsible for that.  Ryan Miller, Radim Vrbata, JT Miller, Pettersson, Hughes, etc, etc., be damned.  

I question as to why those guys even follow the Canucks in the first place.  Just an absolute cesspool full of losers.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

On 10/6/2021 at 4:57 AM, Caboose said:

Where exactly do you put Marner? I struggle to name a better winger in the league.

There are a couple very worthy of discussion;

Pasternak

Panarin

Kucherov

Rantannen (spell?)

Marchand

Patrick Kane

Ovi

Draisaitl plays as much wing as C sometimes?

Huberdeau is then thhe start of those close?

3 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

There are a couple very worthy of discussion;

Pasternak

Panarin

Kucherov

Rantannen (spell?)

Marchand

Patrick Kane

Ovi

Draisaitl plays as much wing as C sometimes?

Huberdeau is then thhe start of those close?

This whole thread is about players under 25 :frantic:

2 hours ago, EddieVedder said:

Hate the leafs but even I will admit that Marner is one of the top 4 or 5 wingers in the game.  Every time hes on the ice he takes over and he kills penalties too.  

I don't disagree with that. Been a big fan ever since I watched horvat in juniors and marner was a rookie with the knights.

On 10/5/2021 at 10:15 AM, allegend said:

Pettersson, Hughes, and Boeser were all listed in the Sporting News Top 25

Players Under 25. Pettersson was actually listed as #3, behind only McDavid

and Matthews.

Remember, this is coming from the Media, that should say a lot..  remember when they followed Brian B and his thoughts of Petey being too slight? like he couldn't gain weight or something, Bo written off as a career 3rd line center at best, JT miller was a bad trade.. list goes on, f'g morons...

Edited by iceman64
  • Like 1
  • Vintage 1

On 10/6/2021 at 1:15 PM, Patel Bure said:

The irony of that “Canucks board” is that they pride themselves on being factual and logical and yet they’re anything but.  

In December 2019 or January 2020 (can’t remember) when the Canucks went on an absolute tear and were winning most of their games, the main posters on there actually seemed angry....because we were winning games despite giving up lots of high danger chances.  When I simply pointed out the fact that the Canucks, in most of those games, were racing out to leads only to play an ill-advised “protect the lead” style of game which lead to a lot of those puck possession and high danger chance disparities, I was banned for trolling.

One poster on there, tantalum, was pretty much saying things like, “if it wasn’t for Markstrom and Tanev, the Canucks would be holding hands with Detroit and Buffalo at the bottom of the league.”

That site is just the most ridiculous and toxic “Canucks place” that I’ve ever seen.  According to them, the Canucks have been unsuccessfully rebuilding for the last 7 years.  The 2015 and 2020 playoffs don’t count since Mike Gillis, Jacob Markstrom, Chris Tanev, and Judd Brackett were the only ones responsible for that.  Ryan Miller, Radim Vrbata, JT Miller, Pettersson, Hughes, etc, etc., be damned.  

I question as to why those guys even follow the Canucks in the first place.  Just an absolute cesspool full of losers.

Well just because someone calls themself a fan, doesn't mean they are. Unfortunately you can't fix "stupid" but it's everywhere, however media is even worse and some people simply take whatever they say as gospel which is hilarious but nothing new.

• Cheers 1

45 minutes ago, iceman64 said:

Remember, this is coming from the Media, that should say a lot..  remember when they followed Brian B and his thoughts of Petey being too slight? like he couldn't gain weight or something, Bo written off as a career 3rd line center at best, JT miller was a bad trade.. list goes on, f'g morons...

You know the worst media outbursts have mostly turned into our best acquisitions.  If we don’t hear anything negative from the media, that’s when you should be scared that management has royally &^@#ed up.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, iceman64 said:

Well just because someone calls themself a fan, doesn't mean they are. Unfortunately you can't fix "stupid" but it's everywhere, however media is even worse and some people simply take whatever they say as gospel which is hilarious but nothing new.

Well said.  It’s like an overwhelming majority of that board has been completely brainwashed by JD Burke, The Athletic, and anyone or anything trying to position themselves as “new age” (ie an over-reliance on advanced analytics) that eschews anything perceived as being “old school” or “dinosaur.”  

That board basically consists of a bunch of highly arrogant posters in their 20’s and early 30’s, that have been led to believe that they are smarter than many GM’s and Owners who they perceive to be old school.  Posters like MS and Y2KCanucks lead these young arrogant keyboard warriors.  Classic case of the blind leading the blind.

Edited by Patel Bure

10 hours ago, Patel Bure said:

Well said.  It’s like an overwhelming majority of that board has been completely brainwashed by JD Burke, The Athletic, and anyone or anything trying to position themselves as “new age” (ie an over-reliance on advanced analytics) that eschews anything perceived as being “old school” or “dinosaur.”  

That board basically consists of a bunch of highly arrogant posters in their 20’s and early 30’s, that have been led to believe that they are smarter than many GM’s and Owners who they perceive to be old school.  Posters like MS and Y2KCanucks lead these young arrogant keyboard warriors.  Classic case of the blind leading the blind.

A couple of posters here think it’s too pro JB even though I feel there is a decent balance.

HF and Reddit, for someone with anxiety, borderline depression are ugly places. A harsh and barren wasteland. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

10 hours ago, Patel Bure said:

When in our young teen years on the farm, if we got too worked up, my dad would tell us to “go out to the back 40 and cut wood.”  Some of our negative posters, when they get all worked up, need to go to the back 40, drop a tree, and burn off some of that negative energy.  

• Cheers 2

56 minutes ago, Salacious Crumb said:

A couple of posters here think it’s too pro JB even though I feel there is a decent balance.

HF and Reddit, for someone with anxiety, borderline depression are ugly places. A harsh and barren wasteland. 

On their main page right now, there’s a thread there entitled “Ashes to ashes” (https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/the-new-management-thread-ashes-to-ashes.2841314/).

The poll from that thread asks, “why has the team performed so poorly over the last 7 years?”

-There is no mentioning of our 2015 playoff appearance or our 101 point season.

-There is no mentioning of our 2020 playoff appearance or our 2nd round appearance.

-There is no “because we were retooling followed by rebuilding” option.

2015:  1st round / 1996:  1st round 

2016:  DNQ / 1997:  DNQ

2017: DNQ / 1998: DNQ

2018: DNQ / 1999: DNQ

2019: DNQ / 2000: DNQ

2020: 2nd round / 2001: 1st round 

2021:  DNQ: / 2002:  1st round 

If I recall correctly, Tampa Bay only qualified for the playoffs once in 6 years shortly after their cup winning 2004 season.   Colorado also struggled mightily for the most part from 2008 until 2017.  It’s called a REBUILD.

The posters on that site truly believe that a rebuild never took place since in their minds, guys like Sutter, Gudbranson, Player Name, Beagle, Roussel, Prust, Schaller, etc., were brought in to “try to win the cup” rather than being placeholders to help insulate the kids in the system (ie preventing the kids in playing in roles that would place too much strain and burden on their development).  Like how do the posters on that site NOT see this?   Forest for the trees?  Just mind boggling.

Edited by Patel Bure

13 hours ago, iceman64 said:

Brian Burke on QHs ... could tell he would holding back ... "that's a small body gentleman, a small body " lol... he's often right though.   Most experts and scouts got EP wrong, QHs was close to where he was supposed to go though.