The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Have 3 Players in SN's Top 25 Under 15.

Rate this topic

allegend

3 minutes ago, allegend said:

Pettersson, Hughes, and Boeser were all listed in the Sporting News Top 25

Players Under 25. Pettersson was actually listed as #3, behind only McDavid

and Matthews.

“It’s only due to Judd Brackett and Jacob Markstrom that we have this embarrassment of riches” ~ HF Canucks

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, allegend said:

Pettersson, Hughes, and Boeser were all listed in the Sporting News Top 25

Players Under 25. Pettersson was actually listed as #3, behind only McDavid

and Matthews.

Least you could do is add a link to the article?

12 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Must have been the cool wind in your hair?

The warm smell of colitas often distracts me as well.

I actually didn't know what colitas was until just now when I looked it up to confirm I had the proper spelling... I had always just assumed it was a food of sorts.

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

17 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

Damn Matthew Barzal got absolutely disrespected in that article.  I'd have him in the top 5 for sure.  BEHIND FREAKING MCAVOY AND MARNER???!!!

Where exactly do you put Marner? I struggle to name a better winger in the league.

1 hour ago, Phat Fingers said:

It’s only due too who?   I get bracket, but JB scouted Brock, Delorme redeemed himself with Petey, and the Wings scouted Hughes… lol.  So what did Markstrom do again to scout and select these guys… at least give Tanev credit for Hughes…

It's HFCanucks, man. Basically, anything bad that has happened to the Canucks is a direct result of Jim Benning's incompetence and any positives that have occurred were a result of someone else in the organization saving him from himself. It doesn't matter who you credit, so long as it's not Benning. Funny enough, they'll lose their collective minds when you accuse them of being too extreme and lacking any sort of nuance. They'll then proceed to call you a "Benning Bro" who is schilling for FA and the Canucks organization.

It's quite a treat, that place.

• Upvote 3

Canucks have the most with 3.

Leafs, Sens, Habs, Canes, and Avs each have 2.

Little surprising that EP is #3 behind McDavid and Matthews.

I would have thought Fox (Norris winner) and Makar (Calder winner and Norris runner-up) could have been placed higher than EP.

There usually is a bit of a bias towards forward with these rankings.

Anyhow, good to see this sort of ranking from non-Canuck media. 

1 hour ago, Caboose said:

Where exactly do you put Marner? I struggle to name a better winger in the league.

I'd rather have Pasta or Marchand :sick: but that's also playoff driven too. I haven't looked at this list, and assume you mean under 25 wingers

1 hour ago, Caboose said:

Seriously?

Kucherov

Panarin

Pastrnak

Marchand

Kane

Stone

Rantanen

Ovechkin

Huberdeau

I would take every one of them over Marner, especially in the playoffs. He is not a player you win with, unless he's the 3rd or 4th best player on your team (ala Kessel).

Edited by nowhereman
  • Cheers 3

18 minutes ago, nowhereman said:

Seriously?

Kucherov

Panarin

Pastrnak

Marchand

Kane

Stone

Rantanen

Ovechkin

Huberdeau

I would take every one of them over Marner, especially in the playoffs. He is not a player you win with, unless he's the 3rd or 4th best player on your team (ala Kessel).

I think he meant under 25. Those guys are over 25

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nowhereman said:

It's HFCanucks, man. Basically, anything bad that has happened to the Canucks is a direct result of Jim Benning's incompetence and any positives that have occurred were a result of someone else in the organization saving him from himself. It doesn't matter who you credit, so long as it's not Benning. Funny enough, they'll lose their collective minds when you accuse them of being too extreme and lacking any sort of nuance. They'll then proceed to call you a "Benning Bro" who is schilling for FA and the Canucks organization.

It's quite a treat, that place.

Yeah, they can be quite extreme.

Wouldn't want to see what the opposite end of that spectrum looks like, either.

No we sure wouldn't. :emot-parrot:

e: Regarding the actual topic - this is nice :)

Edited by kanucks25
  • Haha 1