The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Canucks @ Oilers Oct 7th 6 PM

Rate this topic

ForzaTikare

5 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

So Lockwoods a lock :bigblush:

I sure hope so 

I love how he's gotten his nose dirty every game. To the point McDavid jumped him tonight. That's how he needs to play. 

If I was TG, I tell Will no fear. Doesn't matter if it's McDavid or Crosby. Keep doing what you are doing and you'll stay up in the NHL. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, billabong said:

I like chiasson to play the ugly, net front game in a specialty role.

never liked boeser, horvat or Miller as net front. You’re totally removing your high skilled players from the play 

let chiasson eat pucks and get hacked and whacked in front while the boys sauce the puck around 

Does Chiasson PK at all? He's got the wheels. 

Just now, Toyotasfan said:

Kassian had a lengthy concussion last season from his fight with Gudbranson , I’m betting he’s going to be out awhile this time. I wish Nurse took the fight with MacEwan instead.

I hope Mac challenges Nurse beginning of next game to set the tone. 

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

Missing Mott and Sutter including our entire second line,  and 2 of our top 4 D.   We kept it closer than I thought the score would be after they scored 2 quick pp goals 

We haven't had depth like this in 10 years and I know I say this two much but Podz is going to be a very good player and very thankful we had a GM who wasn't scared off by his KHL contract. 

• Cheers 1

Great game!

McDavid & Draisaitl are awesome.  But we outplayed the Oilers as a whole... They had their top 4 centers.

Add Bo, Hogz & Pearson & we win! 

Add Oel & we win.

Lets not talk about Hamonic?  :P

Takeaway some 1st period penalties & we again win!

Only complaint is a bad shift change for Smiths to Drai to McD for the 2knd goal.  One Halak needed to hug his post better also. 

MacEwen did better against Kassian than Gudbrandson...

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

Poolputz's slewfoot on Dickenson is some unfinished business for Saturday.  Old man Keith is done:  it was pure pleasure to watch Petey beating him at every turn.

Poolman > Poolparty

3 minutes ago, Rabid Rooster said:

Keeping Chiasson would send a bad message to our farm guys. Particularly since he didn’t play well and is ultimately a castoff. Mac is a penalty magnet. Enjoyable game though.

Yeah, Chiasson's only appeal is that he is a big body that can stand in front of the net. But he can't skate so no thanks

1 minute ago, Dirtman said:

I hope Bo is at home licking his chops for the next time he gets to bitchslap McDavid around. I bet he's a lot less mouthy with Daddy Bo around.

I dare McDavid to drop the gloves with Bo. It came close a few times but he never actually did. I would love to see Bo beat him up in a fight.

• Cheers 4

18 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

I love how he's gotten his nose dirty every game. To the point McDavid jumped him tonight. That's how he needs to play. 

If I was TG, I tell Will no fear. Doesn't matter if it's McDavid or Crosby. Keep doing what you are doing and you'll stay up in the NHL. 

Just wait till we can ice : Motte-costmar-lockwood. Now that will piss mcdiver off

• Haha 1

Only thing Mackewan did right this game was the fight otherwise he was terrible the whole game. Lockwood definitely makes the team. Wish we had Gadjovic who was claimed on waivers. Benning needs to get some depth d men on waivers. Hughes, Pettersson, Halak, Podkolzin, Poolman and Chiasson all had great game.