The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Preseason Oilers @ Canucks / Oct. 9 / 6:00 PM Rogers Arena

Rate this topic

-DLC-

1 minute ago, CanucksCountry said:

I am at the point where I rather see torts back then green

Torts isn't any better than Green. One thing is that Torts actually has a resume that makes Green turn green.

Green has done a very poor job preparing his rosters. He comes across as so much smug when questioned.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

More roster tweaking are coming and Green & friends will be extended.

Now they are playing podz with petersson?? Man they still dont have set lines. Am not sure we will have a good start to this regular season.

8 minutes ago, stawns said:

Can you elaborate on the system and why it's failing?

How many times have you seen us successfully execute a dump and chase resulting in sustained pressure, other than that time Edm hit the ref on their clearing attempt?

Edited by dougieL
Typo

Just now, 48MPHSlapShot said:

That puts Hughes and Myers together.

That didn't exactly work out last year.

You are correct, which is why I think we are showcasing Rathbone for trade for help on the right side of defense. Unless Hamonic is going to suddenly show up, we need someone else on the right who can play sound defensive hockey and let Hughes be the creative force that he can be.

3 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Uuhhh we haven’t made the playoffs consistently in a while. Enough said. They always get scored on first and the pp/pk is awful. They aren’t aggressive enough. They don’t push the play. They just all look happy to say they are in the nhl. No pride what so ever

But you said the system sucks and is failing.  I'm asking you what that system is and where it's failing

I just realized that the only success Travis Green had as a coach was on the back on Markstrom.

2014-15 Coments went to the finals on the back of Markstrom's 2.11 GAA and .925 save percentage.

2019-20 Canucks went to the 3rd round on the back of Markstrom's heroic play in the regular season and the first two rounds against the Wilds and Blues.

Conclusion: either fire Green who never had much of success as a coach away from Markstrom or trade for Marky.

1 minute ago, Dazzle said:

Torts isn't any better than Green. One thing is that Torts actually has a resume that makes Green turn green.

Green has done a very poor job preparing his rosters. He comes across as so much smug when questioned.

Torts with the right roster is one of the best coaches in the nhl obviously I dont think that roster is us but atleast torts wouldn't put up with the lazy $&!# that coach Gandhi has allowed

• Haha 1

It should bother people we ice our best lines and they ice half their team and we look like crap. This game should be about setting the tone for the season for good habits. So for those saying it doesn’t matter, it does becuase they are beating us without their top players and the next game they will have all their players back. That is a scary thought. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Why is it that it feels like every other game this team just struggles at passing and handling the puck? Just literally CONSTANT mishandles it's so frustrating.

The Oilers are not struggling with this whatsoever!!!