The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Preseason Oilers @ Canucks / Oct. 9 / 6:00 PM Rogers Arena

Rate this topic

-DLC-

Just now, EddieVedder said:

Nucks fans will start using the excuse that Hughes and Brock missed training camp and part of preseason... always an excuse with these 2.

Your irrational hate of Boeser is kinda of a head scratcher.  Boeser needs no excuses. he was the  teams top scorer last year and one of the best scoring wingers this team has ever drafted. 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, CanucksJay said:

Good question

Should have tried that pre season while we tried everything else. 

I feel like Podz would be ok on the other side. 

I suspect that you are correct. 

In any thoughts I've had (one or two), I assumed that the team was interested in having guys play on their "natural" side. This was one reason that I figured tha Gadjovich had a pretty good chance of staying with the big team. Oh well.....

regards,  G.

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Jack is a special talent. 

He is a hybrid of Hughes and Juolevi. 

Until Hammer comes back I hope to see

OEL Myers

Hughes Poolman 

Juolevi Bowey 

Hunt

I want Rathbone getting maximum ice time in Abbotsford because I see top 4 potential in him

1 minute ago, Darius said:

Your irrational hate of Boeser is kinda of a head scratcher.  Boeser needs no excuses. he was the  teams top scorer last year and one of the best scoring wingers this team has ever drafted. 

Hes one of the softest 1 dimensional players we have ever drafted.  

If we are going to compete, this team needs better wingers for its top line.

• Wat 4

9 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

Honestly all of them are AHL caliber. Benning just didnt have a quality backup for Motte and Sutter while our development team has not generated a player that can PK like Motte or Sutter while being great defensively. I am more concerned about when Motte  Sutter and Hamonic can get back on the team because we really dont have anyone that can replace them. Benning needs to see who is waived before regular season because they need help. Maybe they can poach off Seattle's roster as they seem to have some good players that will hit the waivers. Also Engvall from the leafs is decent if he hits the waiver wire. 

In 7 season our drafting and development team hasn’t been able to produce two fourth liners. 
I though he was a “ great drafter” 

So many levels of failure from JB. 
then tossing good young players away to keep some a dozen turds. 

4 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

Not sure why fans won't give Chiasson a chance... He's got size and offers a good net presence... He's definitely more reliable than Mac.... Not to mention we wouldn't wanna see both small guys in the line-up with Petan and Dowling! 

Well yeah after waiving Gadj and Lockwood, Chiasson is definitely getting his chance. 

If not Chiasson at this point, who else would we play? 

There's like 3 spots available until sutter and Motte come back

Edited by CanucksJay
  • Huggy Bear 1

43 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Fyi, Rathbone has over 18 minutes of time, only 2 seconds less than OEL.

Green obviously overplaying him beyond what he's supposed to be. Great coaching decisions.

It's pre-season.  It's about evaluation more than winning.  I'd feel a lot better with a win tbh but I think the coach wants to see players in situations

1 minute ago, CanucksJay said:

I think the only excuse that's consistent here is that the staff screwed around with fringe AHL tryouts instead of getting the team ready 

Tippett showed what a coach should be doing heading into the last pre season game: sitting his stars and implementing a very structured & boring game strategy to give his less talented roster a chance to win.

11 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

I get it and he will be an expensive winger - not sure if JB will allow this 

If the only place to best use Hughes is as a forward, then I'd say that he should be traded in order to acquire a quality, defensive d-man.

regards,  G.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Meh it's just pre season. I'll judge after game 10. However that only goes for the players. Greens decision making is something else. He must be one hell of a guy in that room because i'm not sure how he gets away making some of the decisions he does. I hope we can be proactive if the season doesn't get off to too great of a start

2 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Hes one of the softest 1 dimensional players we have ever drafted.  

If we are going to compete, this team needs better wingers for its top line.

I disagree. 

I am one of those guys that take back what I said about him. I even wanted to trade him for Dumba at one point. 

His 2 way game was terrible 2 years ago up until playoffs. 

He then played amazing during playoffs and last year was solid. 

It was evident that the freak back injury he suffered was ailing him. 

I think he's a complete player now and skates so much better

• Cheers 1