The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Season Opener: Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | Wednesday, October 13th, 2021 @ 7:00pm PT | Sportsnet Pacific, SN650

Rate this topic

Roger Neilsons Towel

8 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

Brutal take. I’m definitely no longer on the Green bandwagon, but comparing him to WWII is not cool. I’m sure the veterans who gave their lives for our freedom wouldn’t like their sacrifice compared to coaching a hockey team. 

I said since, obviously WWII was worse than Green's coaching in some ways

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, J-23 said:

I am looking forward to seeing OEL and Garland play tonight.

I'm pretty stoked to see Chiasson on our first line, personally. 

We all know this is the best line in the nhl. Green knows it. I know it. And you'll know it too right away here. 

If we had Wayne Gretzky on our team I hope we would have waived him for Chiasson. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

2 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

I'm pretty stoked to see Chiasson on our first line, personally. 

We all know this is the best line in the nhl. Green knows it. I know it. And you'll know it too right away here. 

If we had Wayne Gretzky on our team I hope we would have waived him for Chiasson. 

This is the stealth tank for Petey's next contract. Whatdya mean you want 9m+? You can't even score a pt a game! 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, EliasBoeser said:

I reaaallly want to know what pictures/emails of Green Chiasson has.. there’s literally no other reason.  I watched the preseason, nothing makes sense.

Hard on the boards being the biggest forward we have, 31 so brings experience to a young forward group, net front presence on the PP that we really don't have.

And we got him at a Costco clearance special of 750K 

Glad he signed TBH

• Thanks 1
  • Wat 1

1 hour ago, RWJC said:

I think it’s to get Hogz extra motivated early on. Light that fire that will keep him in the top 6 playing good minutes with smart hockey plays. He represented well enough in preseason I thought, but lacked something in his game.

Ah, here is the sign of a knowledgeable hockey follower. Could very well be that Green is seeing some signs of Hog being a little bit content with what he did last year and not pushing it into another gear and this is being done to light a fire under him. Maybe coasting a bit in practice?  Remember Green sitting Brock for his first 2 games as a rookie? Seemed to have worked out. Of course, this kind of thing is lost on the “DOWLING INSTEAD HOGZ ON PP2?!!! GREEN SUX!! FIRE HIS A**!!!!”. It is very likely there is a deeper reason than what the FIRE GREEN mob says. I highly doubt Green thinks Dowling is a better player than Hog.

I’ve always maintained that the rush to fire the coach is some of the laziest hockey commentary there is. But in saying that, pretty much every coach is eventually fired, and very likely this will be Green’s fate at some point. This just ain’t the time. Someone mentioned he could be gone if we have a poor first 40 games. As much as I like TG, I wouldn’t have much cause to oppose such a move. Last year, effed up as it was, I won’t lay what happened at the feet of Green. But this is a HUGE year and we MUST show real progress.

JUST OVER 3 HOURS TILL PUCK DROP

Edited by Locke Lamora
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, -Moose said:

Can't wait for the backpedaling if we win tonight

Not looking forward to the absolute doom and gloom if we lose

Who's gonna back peddle? Ofcourse I want us to win even if that means Highmore, Dowling score. 

We are still Canucks fans. 

Hell, if Dowling, Chiasson and Highmore become integral part of our team and we have playoff success (western finals) with them on the roster, I'll donate 500 to Canucks place. 

• Like 2