The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Predict The Score Contest: VAN @ EDM Oct 13 2021

Rate this topic

goalie13

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Sure.  True fans predict their team will lose.  

Do these true fans, who predict we will lose, cheer for ‘their’ predicted score, or for us to win?  Or do they, in some strange way, feel a sense of gratification they predicted their team lost?  

Makes no sense for a true fan, now does it.  

I think you might be taking a prediction thread a bit too seriously bud. 

If I had a cat flavoured snickers it would be yours.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, goalie13 said:

This isn't the "Predict The Canucks Win Or Else Contest".  Even in their best ever season they still lost 19 games.  Heck, even the mighty 1977-78 Canadiens lost 10 games.  If you only predict wins you are limiting how many points you can be awarded in this game.  It would be like going to Vegas and only betting red.

If it is blind faith you are after, I suggest the GDT.

Well fan comes from fanatic lol.

I have to say tho for the first game of the season against those dbags and their equally dbag fanbase who btw are crapping all over our team, we should all be homers for at least tonight.

Actually, as I write and even tho even the best teams lose 35-40% of their games I am realizing that I just can't bring myself to predict a loss. Maybe Alf is on to something lol. 

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, wallstreetamigo said:

It’s a prediction thread. It has nothing to do with who we cheer for, just what we think the outcome will be.

God I hate cdc sometimes.

CDC is needed to balance out the scum over on HF.

I'm not trying to tell anyone how to think but a true fan will always choose his team to win no matter what. Besides it's much more satisfying over going into a game expecting to lose and then joining the blind faith crowd after we win.

I guess that's why I hate HFvancouver so much, bunch of ",fans" that have a negative default until things go well constantly crapping on the fans that prefer to root for the team they love through the bad as well as the good. Not saying that's the kind of fan you are.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

CDC is needed to balance out the scum over on HF.

I'm not trying to tell anyone how to think but a true fan will always choose his team to win no matter what. Besides it's much more satisfying over going into a game expecting to lose and then joining the blind faith crowd after we win.

I guess that's why I hate HFvancouver so much, bunch of ",fans" that have a negative default until things go well constantly crapping on the fans that prefer to root for the team they love through the bad as well as the good. Not saying that's the kind of fan you are.

I go into every game hoping the Canucks will win. Expecting them to win or not based on the reality of the situation doesn’t make me less of a fan. Teams lose, it’s that simple. Predicting they will and hoping they do are different things.

Especially in a thread solely about predicting the outcome of a game.

Calling other people out as not being “real fans” or lesser fans over something like this makes HF boards look legit.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1