The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Edmonton Oilers | Oct. 13, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Not a bad opening game.

Think Boeser and Motte would make a massive difference. How long are they out for?

Once healthy, Boeser comes back in to replace Chiasson and Motte slots into Highmore's spot, and then this team would be very good. Miller and Garland just have some rust to shake off.

Happy with that 4th line. Lammikko played a solid game. Good pickup.

Until Boeser is back I would like to see the PP like this:

PP1: Horvat, Pettersson, Hughes, Hoglander, OEL

PP2: Miller, Garland, Chiasson, Pearson, Rathbone

demko stood on his head tonight prolly will have to more often than not.. great to come away with a point.. the offense needs a lot of work.. the powerplay needs a lot of work despite scoring 1 goal.. and i truly believe for shootouts player that played well should get a shot. EP sure i get why he needs to shoot but then after that it should have been players that played well and feeling it like hogs etc before Miller and Pearson. oh well on to the next.

2 minutes ago, brownky said:

The guy it wasn't *most* was Myers.

Pettersson is the one I find fault most, you never leave your guy unattended in front of the net. Chaisson did bone his coverage so shares blame, but a guy coming in with the puck outside is far less dangerous than a guy by himself in front of the goalie... with the puck.

Myers set a tone for the whole season by blowing up Keith in the first game against him in our division.  Petey did nothing tonight and that guy needs to get his sh*t together and lead and stop being all about the money and all about how he needs to play on a winner. Be a leader Petey. You are paid the most of our forwards - so play like it. 

Do something Petey.

• Wat 2

20 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

WOO A PGT!

Serious big shoutout to shaw. We didn't let Mcdrai dictate the play every single time they stepped on the ice. Still fell for the ol' chasing of mcdavid on the OZ though. Drai was quiet 5v5 though and thats not easy at all. BIG boy. Our defensive games gets a big pat on the back considering its game 1 with our actual lineup playing... While missing our best goal scorer. Alot of positives to take from this game. A little fine tuning, And alot better decisions from green is needed though. Chaisson on the PP, Ok. But not first line. And dowling shouldn't be withing 100 ft of a powerplay.

Realistically you have motte and boeser in, Chai and dowling out. Rotate bottom 6 guys to keep them fresh depending who we play and what we need. 

Like i said though the numerous positives waaaay over takes the negatives. Our offensive D will be nuts. OEL and huggy for 6 years. Hot dayummmm

Love the post. All I can add is this game compared to the hab leaf game was night and day. The habs are so boring to watch TT and Cole had really rough games and the leafs lack of depth and talent after the big four was really on display with AM missing. Our fans really shouldn't complain

• Cheers 2

Just now, fanfor42 said:

Next time against the Oilers will be different.  We are gong to be a full team not a two horse race like those guys.

I think we can really overwhelm them with Boeser in. Boeser is our best sniper and his shot is better than Pettersson imo, not that Pettersson has a bad shot but Boeser is more accurate. 

Miller-Pettersson-Boeser

Pearson-Horvat-Garland

Hoglander-Dickenson-Podkolzin

Highmore-Lamikko-Motte

Now that forward group would smoke the oil imo. Lamikko is a steal and 2 motors on that 4th line with even more speed would drive any team nuts.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, BigTramFan said:

Think Boeser and Motte would make a massive difference. How long are they out for?

Boeser might be back on Friday.  At worst he misses one more game from all signs.  

Motte is questionable for the road trip, so might miss another 4-5 games.  

4 minutes ago, Viper007 said:

Am I the only one that thought Chiasson played decently?  I thought he had some good chances to score.  A little unlucky.  

He filled a role.

Thankfully we don’t need to rely on him to play that role all season. As a third/fourth line vet that can move around and provide depth he did exactly what we needed him for tonight.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Chai is a 13th forward. Motte and boeser bump him and dowling out.

Hey man it could be worse, Imagine if green had the chance to ice vey, chaput, megna, weber, pouliot ect... :emot-parrot:

You Stop That GIFs | Tenor

4 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

Almost like u need a zack mac there.      

Zack is a fourth line tweener who can fight and little else, Tyler is a top4D who can contribute in a bunch of different ways, including fighting. We were fine without him. 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

No we didn't. Oilers had the slight edge due to them not floundering the momentum they had on their PP like our PP did. 

What were you watching?

IMO, it was in between.  Canucks outplayed Oilers in the first 10 or so mins, then wasted the next 20.  picked it up in latter part of the 2nd, and won da turd.  And the greater part of OT.

Was nice to see them draw more penalties than they took.  Did fairly well on PK, considering who they were playing.  PP was pretty nasty, though.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

I managed to make the gif but couldn’t include Keith skating away with his head leaking as they were too far apart. The gif would have been huge and use up too much of my attachment limit.

5qcyfp.gif

Awesome, great work!

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

Myers set a tone for the whole season by blowing up Keith in the first game against him in our division.  Petey did nothing tonight and that guy needs to get his sh*t together and lead and stop being all about the money and all about how he needs to play on a winner. Be a leader Petey. You are paid the most of our forwards - so play like it. 

Do something Petey.

it's the LE curse. Never be paid the most

5 minutes ago, Viper007 said:

Am I the only one that thought Chiasson played decently?  I thought he had some good chances to score.  A little unlucky.  

Nope, I'm not getting the hate either. Just pointless whipping boy stuff.

He was fine on the PP, made some nice plays to keep possession a few times (more than Miller). He's what he is, a netfront guy on the PP plain & simple.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, DefCon1 said:

I think we can really overwhelm them with Boeser in. Boeser is our best sniper and his shot is better than Pettersson imo, not that Pettersson has a bad shot but Boeser is more accurate. 

Miller-Pettersson-Boeser

Pearson-Horvat-Garland

Hoglander-Dickenson-Podkolzin

Highmore-Lamikko-Motte

Now that forward group would smoke the oil imo. Lamikko is a steal and 2 motors on that 4th line with even more speed would drive any team nuts.

Exact lines I wanna see. Lamikko, Dickenson and Highmore looked really good and we have improved a ton in that area.

Those lines have to be a thing.

• Vintage 1