The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What is the average of the members of this site?

Ohthehumanity

Kids these days don't really use message boards anymore. It's actually pretty unusual for a board to have so many members in their 20s. My guess is the 2011 cup run brought in a bunch of new fans just as message board use was declining.

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, Caboose said:

Been posting on here since I was 13.

The quality of my posts has probably declined.

I was 17 when I joined and I am definitely embarrassed at some of the stuff I posted when I was younger.

To really date myself, my first ever hockey game watched was in the 2002 Olympics, and Henrik Zetterberg (still with Timra then) was the first hockey player name I knew.

EDIT: I'm not that old lol, we watched the game in school.

Edited by Phil_314
  • Haha 2

Got into the Canucks during the run in 1982. 

Always felt sorry for Tanti he was like the only guy who was skilled. 

Took Pat Quinn to make me a believer again in 1990.

(The Neely Trade made me so mad I gave up for a bit)

I thought he'd be just a 20 goal scorer and a great physical player. 

I had no idea what his ceiling would become 

I was a fan of Larionov before Bure. Linden/Courtnall and Larionov always will be awesome to me.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

My age?

"I am the eternal man"....

I watched the Twightlight Zone when was a youngster. Always freaked me out, but loved it. I remember the last man on earth episode and the episode about the child who could kill with his thoughts.

• Cheers 1

I'm a sophisticated 30something year old. 

First game was in the old Montreal Forum.  Also watched the Expos live and then moved to Vancouver ;) 

10 minutes ago, CaptKirk888 said:

I watched the Twightlight Zone when was a youngster. Always freaked me out, but loved it. I remember the last man on earth episode and the episode about the child who could kill with his thoughts.

Yeah Twilight Zone was super freaky to watch when I was a kid.  

Edited by VancouverHabitant

45 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

I was 17 when I joined and I am definitely embarrassed at some of the stuff I posted when I was younger.

Haha been stalking the forums since I was 12, made an account when I was 15 during our 2014/15 season during our run to the playoffs, became too embarrassed of my stuff I posted then so I made another account when I was 18.  That was also around the time I became a lot more invested in the business side of the Canucks and mathematical side of hockey rather than just cheering for them during games.

Just now, Rindiculous said:

Haha been stalking the forums since I was 12, made an account when I was 15 during our 2014/15 season during our run to the playoffs, became too embarrassed of my stuff I posted then so I made another account when I was 18.  That was also around the time I became a lot more invested in the business side of the Canucks and mathematical side of hockey rather than just cheering for them during games.

If that stuff interests you, there's lots of proof that it can lead to a career in hockey.  

You would need just a little bit of involvement in hockey and a whole lot of stats and math.  In fact, the math that they use in hockey stats is pretty basic.  Three university courses in statistics would probably cover 99% of what you need to know. 

18 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

If that stuff interests you, there's lots of proof that it can lead to a career in hockey.  

You would need just a little bit of involvement in hockey and a whole lot of stats and math.  In fact, the math that they use in hockey stats is pretty basic.  Three university courses in statistics would probably cover 99% of what you need to know. 

I’ve actually taken half a bachelors degree in math and business.  It is something I do find interesting however stuff like that seems very competitive to get anywhere career wise with not much job security and I’ve heard from several people working in sports that it pays way less than a job equivalent in the real world.  Plus I’ve got my current career which is pretty fun as a pilot on a regional airline. ;)

Although what way would you get involvement in hockey to do something like that?  Just interested in case of a career change lol.

Edited by Rindiculous