The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What is the average of the members of this site?

Ohthehumanity

I was born on the same day as Wayne Gretzky....

My original sig (which I had for most of my 17 years on CDC) mentioned the fact that I was once in Montreal for a Midget tournament (called the Wrigley Tournament in those days) and got to meet several of the Canucks after they suffered a beat down at the hands of the Habs at the old forum.

• Like 2

I’m old enough to remember regularly listening to Canucks games on CKNW with Jim Robson and Tom Larsheid, along with those Meadow Bell radio ads.  

The Oilers were still in their prime when I started watching and so I still remember that core.  I’m old enough to still be angry about Joel Otto kicking the puck in.  Can stil remember Robin Bawa breaking the glass at the Pacific Colisseum.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

...and my coach. He was a helluva WHL player for the Canucks. So many of those guys had a cup of coffee in the 6 team NHL, so many of them were truly good enough to play in the NHL, a numbers game back then.

Yup, not too many spots available back then. Then came expansion. Why did they put all the expansion teams in one division? St. Louis went to the finals their first 3 seasons only to be dominated by an original six team.

1 hour ago, Patel Bure said:

I’m old enough to remember regularly listening to Canucks games on CKNW with Jim Robson and Tom Larsheid, along with those Meadow Bell radio ads.  

The Oilers were still in their prime when I started watching and so I still remember that core.  I’m old enough to still be angry about Joel Otto kicking the puck in.  Can stil remember Robin Bawa breaking the glass at the Pacific Colisseum.  

I’ll also say this.

I’m old enough to remember the incredible season that Mogilny had for us in 1995-96.  The most underrated player performance in Canucks history.  Alex Mogilny, in that season, was better than.....

1) Naslund’s best season as a Canuck

2) Bertuzzi’s best season as a Canuck

3) Daniel Sedin’s best season as a Canuck

And yes,

4) Any season than Pavel Bure had as a Canuck.  Yes, Bure had 110 points in 92-93, but keep in mind that this was *before* the dead puck era.  Mogilny had much higher point totals in Buffalo during that era.  During the dead puck era, and during the era where two lines passes were being called, Mogilny still netted 107 points for us.  Unlike Bure and Bertuzzi, Mogilny played a strong two way game.  

Edited by Patel Bure

5 minutes ago, Patel Bure said:

I’ll also say this.

I’m old enough to remember the incredible season that Mogilny had for us in 1995-96.  The most underrated player performance in Canucks history.  Alex Mogilny, in that season, was better than.....

1) Naslund’s best season as a Canuck

2) Bertuzzi’s best season as a Canuck

3) Daniel Sedin’s best season as a Canuck

And yes,

4) Any season than Pavel Bure had as a Canuck.  Yes, Bure had 110 points in 92-93, but keep in mind that this was *before* the dead puck era.  Mogilny had much higher point totals in Buffalo during that era.  During the dead puck era, and during the era where two lines passes were being called, Mogilny still netted 107 points for us.  Unlike Bure and Bertuzzi, Mogilny played a strong way game.  

His chemistry with LaFontaine was unreal; I was so excited when we make that trade hoping he'd light it up with Bure. Also love the story of how he told Keenan to pound sand.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

I'm old enough to remember as a kid, Don Lever as a 3rd overall pick and a rising star that super novaed out real quickly (it was all down hill for him after his third season as an NHLer). 

I'm 55 going on 56.  Retired.  Living a quiet and happy life in our simple abode in White Rock with a bunch of other retirees and 30/40-something stock market/real estate millionaires in the 'hood.

Old enough to have watched the first face off of the first Canuck game. Before that I was a Habs fan and watched the last couple of seasons by the Rocket. Loved the Pest Andre Boudrias. He was Habs property until he came to Vancouver. Of course Pat Quinn was on the original team and would come back to GM the '94 Cup run. Schmautz, Rosie Paiement with his shot, Wilkens and Doak on d. Some great memories many of which were from radio with Jim R making the calls.  

• Cheers 4

24 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Old enough to have watched the first face off of the first Canuck game. Before that I was a Habs fan and watched the last couple of seasons by the Rocket. Loved the Pest Andre Boudrias. He was Habs property until he came to Vancouver. Of course Pat Quinn was on the original team and would come back to GM the '94 Cup run. Schmautz, Rosie Paiement with his shot, Wilkens and Doak on d. Some great memories many of which were from radio with Jim R making the calls.  

They were in the middle of the pack until Capt Kurt went down for the season.