The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Philadelphia Flyers | Oct. 15, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Miller goes through his spurts of not playing well but then he usually follows it up by playing well.

Can't complain as he usually plays better than worse.

He has his defensive issues at times, But hes pretty damn clutch when we need him offensively. I'd say hes worth whats hes getting paid. We shouldn't expect a 8m dollar perfect guy when hes paid as a 5m^_^

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

Timeouts absolutely can be an advantage if used effectively. 

You call a timeout after the third goal tonight and you take away some of Philly's momentum. 

tell me how it takes away the momentum, why does it not take away our momentum. this makes no sense.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Locke Lamora said:

Yep, as for now we are undefeated in regulation so Jack sure ain’t costing us games. And yeah, he’ll probably be rotated out on occasion, perhaps tomorrow. It’s all good concerning Jack Rathbone. By mid season, he’s going to be a key cog in our attack.

Yeah I might get Hunt/Schenn in tomorrow. We play the Redwings so probably a better time than any. Hopefully Boeser's back tomorrow too. Keep the bodies fresh.

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Had a chance to calm down. I am sorry for being so negative but I just don’t like the sitting back when we have a lead. Good on them for getting the win. I just really want them to win in convincing fashion and we have seen them blow leads before. I need to start to think more positively so I have to give the team a chance. Just hard when you see reoccurring things that caused so many losses from last year. Positive thoughts.

alot of our losses was due to not having petterson in the lineup and really bad luck. you remember the whole team got covid right?

2 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

Yep, as for now we are undefeated in regulation so Jack sure ain’t costing us games. And yeah, he’ll probably be rotated out on occasion, perhaps tomorrow. It’s all good concerning Jack Rathbone. By mid season, he’s going to be a key cog in our attack.

Exactly, for 60mins a game we have huggy / OEL / boner on the ice. All of them can push the play. We have been dying for one puck mover for years. JB gave us 3, And two are proven to be pretty godly as well

• Cheers 2

11 minutes ago, whcanuck said:

I live in Pittsburgh and my wife is a Pens fan. We’re going to the Canucks game in November. Believe me, she never gets tired of seeing the Flyers lose :towel:

Haha nice, cheers!  Expecting to see you show up on TV in a Canucks jersey :) 

Out of curiousity, what kind of tickets did you get (lower bowl/upper bowl, center ice/corner?) and how much is it for a ticket? 

1 minute ago, Petey_BOI said:

tell me how it takes away the momentum, why does it not take away our momentum. this makes no sense.

It makes plenty of sense, it gives our guys a breather to settle things down and helps dissipate some of their excitement. Plenty of the game is mental, getting a chance to regroup and collect yourselves on your terms is an absolute benefit. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, frank einstein said:

Standard to play guys with experience when you have a lead in the third. Podkolzin's been playing well but still makes the odd mistake. It could be Greens way of sheltering him from criticism -- imagine if he had been the cause of a rally -- so he can continue his steady rise. 

Yep I was just commenting on how that is the way Green is for better or worse. I do hope it is for the rest and to protect/increase the lead of course and not due to Podkolzin's  play as I thought he had a solid game.. Although I do believe he could use more timeouts.   

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Mustard Tiger said:

He has his defensive issues at times, But hes pretty damn clutch when we need him offensively. I'd say hes worth whats hes getting paid. We shouldn't expect a 8m dollar perfect guy when hes paid as a 5m^_^

He's a high volume playmaking type of forward. He's not conservative with the puck. If he thinks there's a lane through he usually tries to thread it. For the most part it tends to work out, sometimes though he will force things that aren't there. A guy like Petey or Hughes are a bit more picky but smoother with the plays they make.

• Cheers 2