The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Philadelphia Flyers | Oct. 15, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

That trade was a complete scam job. 

How do you get a legit first pairing D with retained salary and a top 6 winger with a bunch of anchor contracts and a first rounder.. 

It broke my heart loosing out on Guenther. I firmly believe that he and Eklund will end up being the best players to come from this draft. But God damn does that trade look good right now. As much as I would love to have Guenther in the system, I would much rather have OEL and Garland.

• Huggy Bear 2

18 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

It makes plenty of sense, it gives our guys a breather to settle things down and helps dissipate some of their excitement. Plenty of the game is mental, getting a chance to regroup and collect yourselves on your terms is an absolute benefit. 

sure, but the other team also gets the exact same chance. hence no advantage

Just now, Shayster007 said:

It broke my heart loosing out on Guenther. I firmly believe that he and Eklund will end up being the best players to come from this draft. But God damn does that trade look good right now. As much as I would love to have Guenther in the system, I would much rather have OEL and Garland.

Yeah we are in win now mode. 

JB and TG are done if they don't make some noise in the next 1-3 years

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

We all know, and it was confirmed by that ref last year (who got fired) that the refs are told to “manage” the games.  In other words, if possible call penalties to help the home team if they are losing.  Please the fans that paid to be in th3 rink.  

We're definitely gonna be good this year.  We aren't gonna have Tim Peel reffing any of our games anymore.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, SergioMomesso said:

JT Miller with one of his worst yet most productive games ever. 

I don’t think you realize just how much other teams’ players hate going up against Miller.  The guy is a combination between Marcus Naslund and your Avatar name.  That’s one hell of a good player.  Skilled, and big and mean.  

• Cheers 2

24 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

tell me how it takes away the momentum, why does it not take away our momentum. this makes no sense.

Because it slows the game down and gives our D a break from a pressing offense. Lets guys regroup, refocus. Allows the coaching staff a few moments to unify the team.
What in the bloody hell do you think timeouts are for, hmmm? Cmon man

Edited by RWJC
  • Cheers 2

Just now, StiffStick33 said:

Tomorrows game is the real test. Teams gonna be tired playing 3/4 days

Maybe tomorrow is time for the other guys to slot in and keep em fresh. 

I liked Rathbone and Burroughs again tonight. I feel like they'd rather stay in and play over Schenn and Hunt. 

Would be great to see Boeser in along with 

1 minute ago, Team Bagues said:

Two games now that Burroughs has been real good.

Excellent take.  He reminds me of that Oink guy in the Peg.  He is just a solid player.  Nothing flashy, but plays a good supporting role.  He and Bone were very good in their minutes.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Exactly, for 60mins a game we have huggy / OEL / boner on the ice. All of them can push the play. We have been dying for one puck mover for years. JB gave us 3, And two are proven to be pretty godly as well

Yup, agreed, we've been speculating on this scenario for months now.  It's looking verrrry good and fun to watch.  Jack looks awesome from what I've seen of him.  Will be a shame to keep him as a 5/6 minute guy as he gains experience.  If they do this right, which it looks like they are with the balance they've provided, this will be a very unique back end they'll be playing.  Don't recall ever seeing any time with that kind of unusual setup - for a full 60 minutes of the game no less. 

2 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

People freaking out about Podkolzin’s “benching” lol. Very few 20 year olds are going to be trusted to be put out there to defend a third period lead…especially one with exactly ONE game under his belt. 

A time will come in the not to distant future when Podz will be THE GUY you want out there in these situations. He’s not there yet.

People just want everything RIGHT NOW it seems. As Podz gains trust as the season goes on I wonder if TG will get credit when Podz becomes a great player for us, and hopefully really comes into his own in the playoffs, like he did in the KHL.

Interesting note from the game…big Dickinson was the corsi leader for the Canucks. Plays a hard game.

Benning’s off season adds are sure looking good.  Dickinson, Poolman, Garland, OEL, and Burroughs (do we really need him?) were are very good.  Amazing off season, and GM of the year stuff from JB (Jet Black) 

• Cheers 2