The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

ZADINA THE GIANT BABY CALLS GARLAND A MIDGET WHO IS NOT STRONG IN CORNERS

Rate this topic

hockeygod77

2 hours ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

I can think of a word that is just as offensive that has alternate meanings of "slit", "crack", or "gap", and rhymes with "rink", used to describe people who share my heritage.  The "N" word is bad, but it's nowhere near the "single most offensive", because anything involving racial undertones is just as bad.

I took far too long to get the word you were referring to. I'd like to pretend it's because I don't know any racial slurs but actually your synonyms sent me down a gynaecological cul-de-sac that I couldn't escape.

Sometimes my stupidity impresses me.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I took far too long to get the word you were referring to. I'd like to pretend it's because I don't know any racial slurs but actually your synonyms sent me down a gynaecological cul-de-sac that I couldn't escape.

Sometimes my stupidity impresses me.

Nah, after his synonyms I just expected him to say "rhymes with punt" and then had to think for a second when it was rink.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, cuporbust said:

No, it's shifted to the other ridiculous extreme. That's pathetic. 

Hard times create strong people.  Strong people create easy times. Easy times create weak people.  Rinse,  repete . 

The person putting the paper bag emoji is lost. At least you can't disagree with the 2nd part of what you said. It's a known philosophical fact. 

5 hours ago, cuporbust said:

The fact we are debating this in depth is hilarious to me. He called him a midget.  Who cares . The M word? Is this thread for real? 

" well, connor is a little shorter than some other players , so he may suffer some kind of personal trama from this " right ? 

Wow

Screenshot_20211018-153445_Facebook.jpg

Someone obviously cares because hockey canada changed their terms for youth sports from peewee and midget…etc to U13 - U16. I didn’t really care but makes sense. 

6 hours ago, cuporbust said:

The fact we are debating this in depth is hilarious to me. He called him a midget.  Who cares . The M word? Is this thread for real? 

" well, connor is a little shorter than some other players , so he may suffer some kind of personal trama from this " right ? 

Wow

Screenshot_20211018-153445_Facebook.jpg

I'm 5 foot 4 and I'll tell you straight up that if someone called me a midget because I was getting under his skin in a hockey game there'd be an evil grin on my face from ear to ear. ;)

Now I'm not Garland or anything.... but something tells me he wouldn't disagree. lol

43 minutes ago, ABNucksfan said:

Someone obviously cares because hockey canada changed their terms for youth sports from peewee and midget…etc to U13 - U16. I didn’t really care but makes sense. 

I didn’t really care about the minor hockey names as I never felt they were being used with any kind of negative connotation to them.

I have always wondered where the &^@# they came up with Novice, Atom, Pewee, Bantam, and Midget for names in the first place though. And why anyone thought 16-18 year olds should be in the midget division.

what the &^@# is a bantam anyway?

Edited by wallstreetamigo

2 hours ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I didn’t really care about the minor hockey names as I never felt they were being used with any kind of negative connotation to them.

I have always wondered where the &^@# they came up with Novice, Atom, Pewee, Bantam, and Midget for names in the first place though. And why anyone thought 16-18 year olds should be in the midget division.

what the &^@# is a bantam anyway?

Definition of bantam

1 : any of numerous small domestic fowls that are often miniatures of members of the standard breeds

2 : a person of diminutive stature and often combative disposition

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Playoff Beered said:

Definition of bantam

1 : any of numerous small domestic fowls that are often miniatures of members of the standard breeds

2 : a person of diminutive stature and often combative disposition

Well considering it is the 135lb division in fighting #2 makes sense ;)

2 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

A what now?

A known philosophical fact. Here's a similar quote as well by Author Michael Hopf. Also been said by many others and shown throughout history. Aristotle would probably agree. 

“Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

9 minutes ago, cdgraham said:

A known philosophical fact. Here's a similar quote as well by Author Michael Hopf. Also been said by many others and shown throughout history. Aristotle would probably agree. 

“Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

I'm not sure if you don't understand philosophy, facts, or both. Not sure I have the time or inclination to find out.