The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

ZADINA THE GIANT BABY CALLS GARLAND A MIDGET WHO IS NOT STRONG IN CORNERS

Rate this topic

hockeygod77

4 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Did you not see their guys trying to get OEL to drop them?  If he's willing to go with Garland, I'd prefer that, but that's up to him.  Not like Mattheson who honestly should have been Bertuzzi'd for the garbage he pulled since the league didn't do the right thing and end his pitiful excuse for a career.

Why do I get the feeling if OEL ever got pushed far enough he would &^@# some $&!# up on someone?

Just seems like a slow boil type that would just destroy someone if he ever snapped lol

• Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

Right, stand up for justice when it affects you personally. Got it.

I never claimed to be a man without flaws.  Anyways Shayster, I’m not here to fight with you.  Outside of the Virtanen incident (which I can now openly agree with you since JV is no longer a Canuck), I actually like a lot of your views and what you bring to the forums.  Let’s just agree to disagree on our philosophical approach and move on.  

For better or for worse, I’m always going to defend Canucks players.  I was there for Bertuzzi during the Bertuzzi-Moore incident and I’m never going to change my ways.

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, Patel Bure said:

That’s why I’m wondering if the Canucks could actually file criminal charges against Zadina for his usage of what qualifies as a slur in this modern era.  We might think it’s ridiculous, but the ‘m’ word is technically just as offensive as the ‘n’ word since they are both a part of the slur family.

It’s the PC era and the “me too” movement era.  Why should we always be the victim of ridiculousness?   

I honestly don’t understand a lot of this post, but it’s important to know that there are different levels of offensiveness regarding slurs. The N word is probably at the top and “midget”, while being completely unnecessary and inappropriate to use today is more in the middle or tail end of the spectrum of slur words. We’ve definitely moved past using the word as a society and I hope someone personally talks to him about why it’s wrong to say, but it’s not anywhere close to criminal. Treating all slurs as equally bad means the truly horrid words don’t get the level of condemnation they deserve and that does a disservice to those negatively affected by seeing/hearing that extreme slur.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Patel Bure said:

My question now is how will the league handle this?  Because if the league doesn’t handle this in an appropriate manner, then it open all kinds of cans of worms in terms of other slurs.  Zadina deserves to be treated just as if he had said the ‘n’ word or had made any other kind of racial or sexual slur.

Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, StanleyCupOneDay said:

I honestly don’t understand a lot of this post, but it’s important to know that there are different levels of offensiveness regarding slurs. The N word is probably at the top and “midget”, while being completely unnecessary and inappropriate to use today is more in the middle or tail end of the spectrum of slur words. We’ve definitely moved past using the word as a society and I hope someone personally talks to him about why it’s wrong to say, but it’s not anywhere close to criminal. Treating all slurs as equally bad means the truly horrid words don’t get the level of condemnation they deserve and that does a disservice to those negatively affected by seeing/hearing that extreme slur.

It was a dumb post(s) of mine.  I got fired up in the moment as I was typing those “criminal charges against Zadina” posts.