The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Blackhawks - Oct 21st, 2021, 5:30pm PST

Rate this topic

One thing I’ve never understood, is how can a PP, with 2 full minutes with an extra skater, only get 1 shot on net in that 2 minutes? I think there are two things the Canucks aren’t doing on the PP, they don’t move, the puck does but the players don’t. The other, which is so basic, they don’t shoot the puck! How can you ever expect to score without shooting?? Put it at the net and just drive the net to outnumber the opposition. I don’t understand what’s so complicated about it. There’s so much passing and waiting, wasting time for a clean look at the net. Are they looking for the beautiful EP one-timer right under the crossbar? None of the PP goals in the first two games were ESPN worthy, but they all counted! 

For the PK, I agree they’re just way too passive. Zero aggression. You can’t just let the other team run a shooting gallery. Sadly I’d be very surprised if the Canucks made a significant adjustment to either the PP or PK

• Thanks 1

I see a bounce back game, and a victory.

But if they don't win tonight, then there will be some doubts.  DET and BUF were very winnable games and it's concerning they couldn't  get any points there. Then last game in SEA before getting home. That could be a tough game for them. They'll be tired from the road.

21 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

Didn't really like Hunt's performance on Tuesday.

I know a lot of us have been trashing Hunt.... 

BUT, let's not forget... we are paying him minimum wage and the guy was super pumped to be coming back home!!

It's easy to say this guy sucked, that guy was garbage... but we or the GM brought him over to help the young guys... but I'm pretty sure JB could've found a bigger, more capable LHD (Kulikov??) all summer long... that is undisputable!

4 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

It's strange to see where things are at right now.

• Gadjovich and MacEwen lost to waivers
  • Hamonic taking a leave of absence
  • Hughes injured
  • journeyman NHLers being given roster spots over promising younger players
  • special teams as flat as, if not flatter than last season
  • defense looking eerily similar to last season

The team is still struggling to find an identity, with one newer player going as far as saying that they need to create a culture in the team. I hope things turn around, but even if they ventilate Chicago tonight, I don't think, in my humble opinion, that it will be convincing enough. 

Here's to hoping. 

Other than the highlighted I agree, I actually think other than the Buffalo game the defense 5 on 5 has been pretty good. I think the PK and Powerplay have been the downfall of this team. OEL and Poolman have been really good but the pk makes everyone look terrible.

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I see a bounce back game, and a victory.

But if they don't win tonight, then there will be some doubts.  DET and BUF were very winnable games and it's concerning they couldn't  get any points there. Then last game in SEA before getting home. That could be a tough game for them. They'll be tired from the road.

And a fired up Kraken team playing their first home game in franchise history in front of fans who spent hundreds or thousands on their tickets. If the Canucks get a point out of Saturday’s game I’d call it a W. 

• Cheers 1

57 minutes ago, Bo fan said:

Either start pulling some wins or pack your  bags and take up sking.  Too late for golf.  But seriously - I thought we would be a much improved team this year -  and maybe the players are still learning each others tendencies  but we are now 4 games in and  as many practices  - plus pre season -   i would have thought.  It was so disheartening to lose like we did in Buffalo after coming out with a 2 goal lead.

Enough whining - let's hope they are ready to give 100% tonight from all the players

Go Canucks Go

My memory's not what it was, but has there been a two goal lead this season? I thought the Buffalo game was the first time they've been ahead at all and it didn't last for long. I might be wrong, I think I mentioned my bad memory.

Now, why did I come in here?

2 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

My memory's not what it was, but has there been a two goal lead this season? I thought the Buffalo game was the first time they've been ahead at all and it didn't last for long. I might be wrong, I think I mentioned my bad memory.

Now, why did I come in here?

We were up 2 on Philly until the last 4 minutes weren't we?

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

Well... Highmore was very noticeable in first 2 games.. then kinda tailed off... that's kinda expected right?? 

It'll be a tough decision on whether to send down Dowling or Highmore once Motte is ready to return....

Pretty sure this will be Highmore's first game this year :P

• Huggy Bear 1

12 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

Podz was far from the issue on Tuesday. Why the hell is he out of the lineup ? 

TRAVIS GREEN:  "ALL OF YOU BUMS THAT HAVE PLAYED LESS THAN 5 GAMES IN THE NHL NEED TO GET OUT OF HERE!  I DON'T PLAY ROOKIES, GO GET MORE EXPERIENCE AND COME BACK WHEN YOU'VE PLAYED MORE NHL GAMES!!"

travis-green-canucks-training-camp.jpg

• Haha 4
  • Wat 1