The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Blackhawks - Oct 21st, 2021, 5:30pm PST

Rate this topic

Its on the coaches that the Nucks are so ill prepared when it comes time to attack.  A couple of out manned O zone situations and all the Nucks do is skate to the f-ing boards or come to a stop at the blueline and drops the puck to the corner.  What genius came up with that great scoring play??

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Burroughs can’t fight every tough guy or cheap shot artist on every team.  I’d rather have MacEwen in the lineup than Chiasson or Dowling or any other AHL fodder…

Just didn’t wanna discredit the guy. Chiasson can probably punch the odd face. But not a staged thing I guess 

6 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Players need to step up themselves and return the favour.

This team is too soft. Need Lockwood back, he was the only guy throwing hits in preseason.

And now he is on the sidelines in Abby with a bum shoulder again.  So much for throwing hits

4 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Every time I see Dowling or Highmore step on the ice, i always get the urge to just turn off my screen.

They are completely useless.  Our PK sucks anyways so why bother having them in the lineup?  I’d rather have MacEwen and Gadjovich in the lineup hitting everything in sight. We can just use Pearson and Horvat to kill penalties. They wouldn’t be any worse than Dowling and Highmore.

Green complains about not having enough hits last game, yet he dresses a lineup of AHL fodder that has no clue how to hit.

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Ya. They just look over confident like they have done so much in their careers and don’t have to work hard.

I don't feel that's it at all.

I feel like they're totally overthinking things...maybe OVER coached?  Sometimes you've got to let skilled players play on instinct (too).

Seem tentative to me.  Not a matter of entitlement or laziness.

• Cheers 2

Just now, -DLC- said:

I don't feel that's it at all.

I feel like they're totally overthinking things...maybe OVER coached?  Sometimes you've got to let skilled players play on instinct (too).

Seem tentative to me.  Not a matter of entitlement or laziness.

Ok but that was another bad period. They weren’t out working anyone.

• Vintage 1

To all the people saying mackewen or gadjovich are missed as if that's the reason we are struggling, that's incorrect. How are they doing on their new teams again? Have they even played? 

The Canucks are struggling because their top players are struggling 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

I fee there's a disconnect somewhere within  this team. Don't know if it's between the players or the coaches, but some guys are just going through the motions. 

After such a disgraceful loss and hard practice, you should be firing in all cylinders from the puck drop but no. Other than the nice sequence on the first goal, it's the same old uninspiring performance especially by the leadership group.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2