The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Chicago Blackhawks | Oct. 21, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Funny how many people bashed Hughes for his +/- but are now defending Makar for his.

Giving him the benefit of the doubt because the Avs are missing players, but not Hughes for the same thing last year plus COVID?

Canucks fans are a fickle bunch.

Weren't alot of people doing the same thing with Dahlin?  His plus/minus is already trending up this year at +3 in 3 games but that has more to do with Buffalo playing a more responsible defensive game as a whole not because of anything Dahlin is doing different.

The fact that Dahlin is a +3 and Buffalo is 3-0 and Makar is a -9 and Colorado is 1-3 tells you everything you need to know that the plus/minus stat is more of a team stat and that it is pretty much a useless stat to judge individual players.

4 minutes ago, JM_ said:

its the underlying theory of most of your criticism of the team.

Hmmm I wasn’t criticizing the team or Benning at all. 

I was criticizing people on cdc who have to $&!# on good players on other teams as a way to somehow build up our players.

Your response isn’t even a stretch, it’s completely irrelevant.

6 minutes ago, JM_ said:

its the underlying theory of most of your criticism of the team.

You must have missed where I have said (several times) Benning has redeemed some respect from me for this last offseason’s moves.

I don’t hate Benning. I hate stupid $&!# when he does it. Which is why my current vitriol is pointed squarely at Green.

3 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

because he has 6 more years on his deal from age 30 onwards...just like we walked away from an aging G in Markstrom who got 6yrs at what age?? OEL should do well for the first 3-4 years but the last 2 years may be different if he turns out like Edler, who lost 2 steps and started getting beat wide or took a lot of slash and hooking or tripping penalties. It is a risk, and that is what I think that poster meant...that is how I see it. We traded 12m in cap space for 1 yr and gained 12m in cap space for 5 years and a 6th year for OEL. We had to trade a top 10 pick as well, it is what it is.

Let's enjoy the team now and worry about the later years when they are in the present. GO Canucks GO!!

I think he just means factually that he isn't on the wrong side of 30 lol 

I think you might be overthinking what wrong side of 30 means  

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

Makar is minus 9!  He has to actually play now, and he stinks.  He is too slow processing the game.  

Holy crap. How did that happen in only 4 games? JP Barry is so mad right now. Hughes should have been the bridge and Petey the long term... :P

5 hours ago, tas said:

and weirdly, their double standards go AGAINST the team they claim to cheer for. 

honestly, it's just a bunch of little wannabe sat shahs and thomas drances. they talk into the mirror pretending they're some expert analyst or insider, ragging on the team with most hyperbolic garbage imaginable all in the name of being "objective" because they wouldn't want to be seen as the worst thing alive, a homer (aka a fan). it's embarrassing.

i love the team but im just gonna say it, this is hands down one of the most toxic fanbases in the league.

• Like 1