The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Home Opener! Minnesota Wild @ Vancouver Canucks | Tuesday, October 26th, 2021 @ 7:00pm PDT | Sportsnet One, SN650

Rate this topic

goalie13

Hopefully the building is rocking for the boys tonight! No excuses to not have a great and full effort tonight.

Hopefully these lines can bring a balanced attack and we go at them in waves. 

I am expecting a big game tonight. I will say it ends up 4 2 Canucks.

Go Canucks Go!

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

So weird to watch highlights from last season with no fans. Like it became normal to me until the home opener for the Oilers and now I'm like,  how the F did we make it almost 2 seasons without fans? 

Boys had 3 other teams openers, they must be stoked for theirs.

• Like 1

Highmore - Elias - Hoglander 

That's a sign for Petey to just simplify his game. His wingers will be very easy to play with and you know they'll play hard on every shift. 

Let's go Petey! 

16 hours ago, Chronic.Canuck said:

Tomorrow's my 30th birthday and I'm going to the game with two of my best pals! SO STOKED!

Gonna try and make it down in time to watch the warmups which I've never been able to do before (of course my new job is sending me on site visits tomorrow but I should be able to leave work early).

I will start one chant (Go Canucks Go or otherwise) from the Larscheiders fan section for every upvote this gets. Mods you should probably pin this post :P

Happy birthday @Chronic.Canuck

If you wanna start a chant, please try the Ty-ler My-ers ... tribute to his hit on Keith....

Mega envious, enjoy :)

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Dekey Pete said:

He's always put up points.  I think what drives people nuts (and I would bet his coaches too) is his somewhat indifference to the game.  If he makes a mistake, he'll often just stand there with this defeated look on his face and then slowly skate back to the bench.  He's not the guy that makes a mistake and then hussles back to try and recover from it.  We're a better team with him on the ice, but he is a frustrating player to watch sometimes.

Completely agree..  how much time on the PP has been wasted leaving the zone to retrieve the puck after Miller gave it away doing a no look backhand pass, or an ill advised cross ice pass. I know this is pure speculation, but I would guess Petey would have a few more PP points if Miller was able to read the ice and make better plays. instead almost 20 seconds of every powerplay is lost recovering from a Miller mistake.

• Cheers 1