The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Home Opener! Minnesota Wild @ Vancouver Canucks | Tuesday, October 26th, 2021 @ 7:00pm PDT | Sportsnet One, SN650

Rate this topic

goalie13

19 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

My alarm's set for 7:00, got up at 5:50 am pretty much to.......... wait for the game.

So damn excited.  Nervous about the full house (would have preferred it stay at 50% capacity) but have my mask, sanitizer and cowbell all ready to go.

I'm hoping the crowd isn't lame...I'll do my part to try to energize (aka annoy) those around me.  Whatever, their problem (I'll give the CG staredown to anyone not feeling it).

image.png

Enjoy Deb. Let's hear that cowbell! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Haha, I thought it was a joke.  We really can't use Eriks***'s name, CDC changes it to Player Name...  :lol:

CDC actually canceled a former player from the entire website...  :frantic:

We should have something for Messier...just saying...lol

Like a big stupid potato chip icon

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Love the genuine happiness from Podz. Much better than a sulking prospect who was scratched. 

I honestly think Green is just getting him up to speed. It must be hard for player and coach to work on everything they need to and adjust Podz to NHL life in general. I don't think his press box sitting has anything to do with him playing badly. Just getting him up to speed. Nice to see him in the roster for our first home game of the year!!

This scenario reminds me a lot of Bo. He was deployed on the 4th line all year for his first season and slowly rose up the ranks from that point. Podz has the same kind of skill set, he is tough and is a good fit for a bottom 6 role until he figures out the top 6 role on the team, which will come with time.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

I honestly think Green is just getting him up to speed. It must be hard for player and coach to work on everything they need to and adjust Podz to NHL life in general. I don't think his press box sitting has anything to do with him playing badly. Just getting him up to speed. Nice to see him in the roster for our first home game of the year!!

This scenario reminds me a lot of Bo. He was deployed on the 4th line all year for his first season and slowly rose up the ranks from that point. Podz has the same kind of skill set, he is tough and is a good fit for a bottom 6 role until he figures out the top 6 role on the team, which will come with time.

Yup. 

I'm choked to see Dahlen doing well but at the same time, I don't agree with his entitled actions so I was ok with trading him. 

Prospects need to earn their spots. 

Teams also need to give them spots if they earn it. That's how the team gets better. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Yup. 

I'm choked to see Dahlen doing well but at the same time, I don't agree with his entitled actions so I was ok with trading him. 

Prospects need to earn their spots. 

Teams also need to give them spots if they earn it. That's how the team gets better. 

Well, i wouldnt say it was right of wrong to trade him, what i would say is that Every prospect needs a dirreferent approach and the Sharks approach with Dahlén was allt better than the Canucks (sadly). He needed to go back to Sweden where he felt Good to find himself again, not getting the Utica treatment (which obviously isnt the best, looking att multiple prospects stories about the Utica management).

I Love Dahlén and Will Always cheer for him after all he has done to Timrå. 

The reason i starten following the Canucks was the drafting of EP40 and the trade for Dahlén.. I Will Keep following & cheering as Long as i have players that i like to follow.

As for now; Go Canucks Go :towel:

Just now, ForzaTikare said:

Well, i wouldnt say it was right of wrong to trade him, what i would say is that Every prospect needs a dirreferent approach and the Sharks approach with Dahlén was allt better than the Canucks (sadly). He needed to go back to Sweden where he felt Good to find himself again, not getting the Utica treatment (which obviously isnt the best, looking att multiple prospects stories about the Utica management).

I Love Dahlén and Will Always cheer for him after all he has done to Timrå. 

The reason i starten following the Canucks was the drafting of EP40 and the trade for Dahlén.. I Will Keep following & cheering as Long as i have players that i like to follow.

As for now; Go Canucks Go :towel:

Multiple reports? The only prospects I know that had a problem in Utica were Dahlen and Palmu. I watched every game of theirs when they were in Utica and in no way shape or form were they ready for the pace of the AHL. Other than those 2 I haven't heard anything. 

We have had lots of our lower tier prospects go through Utica and some high tier. None have complained about Cull. Only those 2.

You could maybe add Jasek to that list but his problem wasn't with Utica, it was with the Canucks not giving him a sniff at all last year. Which I do agree with Jasek, they owed him an NHL game or 2...he had put way more work in then say Cole Lind or Jonah Gadjovich and was a more complete player. The fact he never got a single game in last year still perplexes me.

The rest of our prospects have really enjoyed playing in Utica under Cull. I don't miss a game all year and i'll continue to follow them in Abbotsford as well. I just don't see this "development" issue on our farm like others do. Our farm team hasn't had a lot of top quality drafted talent, they have been left with our teams lower tier prospects to shape and mould them into NHL players, all of them incomplete as a product. We have had so many of our top prospects completely bypass the AHL all together. Which is great for our NHL club but it's been a hard go for our AHL team.

AHL is a tough league and it's some hard sledding to get to the NHL. Culls main focus is prepping this kids for the rigors of the NHL. Even Dahlen recently stated that he wasn't ready back when he first tried to come to north america to play. 

Anyways my 2 cents i'll shut up now lol

Back to game day! Go canucks!!

• Cheers 1

35 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

That's the spirit!

I agree with Deb though. Game days should be days off with pay. ;) 

I live in Toronto, I'm pretty sure my employer would want me to come in without pay if I told them I'm watching the Vancouver Canucks game :lol:

• Haha 4