The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Home Opener! Minnesota Wild @ Vancouver Canucks | Tuesday, October 26th, 2021 @ 7:00pm PDT | Sportsnet One, SN650

Rate this topic

goalie13

5 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Yeah I haven't liked our power play at all, no argument there.  

I'd like to see Garland and OEL moved up to PP1.  Maybe it's not fair to take Hughes off PP1 as he has looked good the last two games however OEL just seems more direct to me.  

I'd prefer to take either Miller or Petey from PP1 and instead of them getting the puck touches, let's see what Garland can do with the puck.  

Yeah our power play needs a shake up.  

I don’t disagree. I actually wouldn’t mind seeing both OEL and Hughes on the top unit at least at those times when a pp goal is absolutely necessary.

At this point I would absolutely love to see Garland get up to PP1. The guy doesn’t know how to stand still. Maybe it will be contagious!

We are starting to see why Miller typically starts strong with a new team then eventually gets big minutes only to in short order start moving down the lineup. He has lost his fire in every way other than throwing his hands in the air when a teammate makes a mistake. Doesn’t seem to give a &^@# when he makes 10 of them every game though.

Edited by wallstreetamigo
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

They're certainly bad, but there has to be a possible reason that they're this bad, especially considering how much they differ from how good he normally is in the circle. The OP just provided a possible reason.

Miller seems to not give a &^@#. That’s what my eye test tells me anyway.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MattJVD said:

Yes!

Garland, Horvat, Pettersson, Boeser, Hughes on PP1

Miller, Hoglander, Pearson, Chaisson, OEL on PP2 (if Chaisson is scratched, use Podz or maybe even go with 2D and add Rathbone.).

why keep 

pettersson on the 1st when he never shoots?

maybe some time on the second would do him some good

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Miller seems to not give a &^@#. That’s what my eye test tells me anyway.

Frustrating player, that's for sure.  More givaways in 6 games than Sbisa over a full season.  Can't win a D-zone faceoff.  Looks disinterested at times.

........ and yet, is tied for the team scoring lead with Garland.   But a change of PP personnel might just be the ticket for him

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Frustrating player, that's for sure.  More givaways in 6 games than Sbisa over a full season.  Can't win a D-zone faceoff.  Looks disinterested at times.

........ and yet, is tied for the team scoring lead with Garland.   But a change of PP personnel might just be the ticket for him

He is getting his points. The difference between now and a couple of years ago is back then he got his points AND was a difference maker in other ways, mostly by giving a $&!#.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, wallstreetamigo said:

He is getting his points. The difference between now and a couple of years ago is back then he got his points AND was a difference maker in other ways, mostly by giving a $&!#.

Maybe he’s giving too many $&!#s and is just overly frustrated and thus giving up too easily?

• Cheers 1