The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Home Opener! Minnesota Wild @ Vancouver Canucks | Tuesday, October 26th, 2021 @ 7:00pm PDT | Sportsnet One, SN650

Rate this topic

goalie13

3 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Podkolzin is indeed in the top six.

Love it.  Pods and Miller looked good in the Pre season together.  Horvat line works, don't change it.  And EP with Hogs could be solid.  If this is a real thing going forward. Motte would be a perfect linemate for those two.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, IBatch said:

He's a happy elf!  Meeting his best fan the guy who's going to make us that much more awesome. 

Meeting the guy who is gonna crush anyone coming near him in the future....

smart move. Always good to have a big brother covering your butt ::D

Annoys me to see Pettersson on the 3rd line with Highmore and Hoglander, but I kind of get it. He won't have to face the top defenders and this will slowly get him into top game shape. He still needs to produce though. I expect he'll be back on the top line soon. 

2 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Annoys me to see Pettersson on the 3rd line with Highmore and Hoglander, but I kind of get it. He won't have to face the top defenders and this will slowly get him into top game shape. He still needs to produce though. I expect he'll be back on the top line soon. 

I'd switch Bailey and Highmore, but this is a good wake-up call for Petey.

• Cheers 4

2 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

Aww poor Podkolzin. Just hating life. He's probably going to demand a trade after that evil Mr. Green didn't play him the last 2 games.

Podz doesn't have to worry about his pay check bouncing or playing KHL one day and Junior B the next. My guess is he and his wife are pretty happy in Vancouver.  

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, AK_19 said:

The amount of complaining about Miller is astounding to me. He's our top point producer, physical, and can take faceoffs all for a cap hit of 5.5 mil (basically 2nd line money).

Sure he is scoring better than 1 ppg. But he has a kinda of surliness about him. I mean he says what he thinks without the 'feel good' filter on. That alone makes him expendable doesn't it? 

How about we see how the boys play with home ice advantage. A couple of days of practice. I am excited for them. Home opener so look out Minny!

5 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Interesting to see Pettersson on the 3rd line. I'm sure he'll take more shifts elsewhere but might be nice to get him a good matchup.

Also interesting he's not on either PP

Just now, Vermette9 said:

He's on pp1

That tripped me out I swear a minute ago I didn’t see Petey on the PP in that post 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ajax- said:

I truly believe he is frustrated and trying to do too much. Additionally he says all the right things but 1st line down to 3rd for most players would be a demotion 

Go Canucks go 

Not to worried about JT. The whole line seems way off but good players still find a way to contribute and he's doing that. 

He seems very demanding off himself and that to me is great but he needs to let the game come to him and not press so much. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1