The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Boeser for Seider

We need a top 4 RHD. 

Boeser is going to get over 7 million next contract. That really hampers our ability to resign Bo in 2 years, even with Luongo’s garbage money coming off the cap. (We’re losing Miller no matter what).

Seider would be cost-controlled almost until OEL comes off the books.

Would hurt to lose Boeser, but the pick-up of Garland helps. It’s our best chance to fix the back end.

• Wat 1

I really like Boeser. But I really don’t see Detroit biting on this.  Seider is a big 20year old right shot D with 7 points in his first 8 games. (Not to mention he was the 6th OA pick just 3 years ago) He’s the perfect piece for Detroit’s rebuild. 

Edited by qwijibo
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

12 hours ago, Your Time Is Now said:

We need a top 4 RHD. 

Boeser is going to get over 7 million next contract. That really hampers our ability to resign Bo in 2 years, even with Luongo’s garbage money coming off the cap. (We’re losing Miller no matter what).

Seider would be cost-controlled almost until OEL comes off the books.

Would hurt to lose Boeser, but the pick-up of Garland helps. It’s our best chance to fix the back end.

Nice thought but the Wings say no.  

Having said that, I think Braden Schneider of the Rangers *might* be attainable.  Guys like Seider and Dobson though, no chance.  

1 hour ago, Shayster007 said:

I was one of the few people who wanted to draft Seider at our spot that year. Kid is still a stud. Boeser is my favorite Canuck, and I would still do this in a heartbeat.

I think we might have if he was available tbh. I wanted him too. 

The funny thing is I like Miller. He's like Kesler, and wears his heart on his sleeve like Kesler. However, he's sort of turning into a distraction.

Could we get a great centre in exchange for him? The team also needs a Left Handed D-man, one that has size, speed, and skill, and can shut down high end players.

One that isn't afraid to smash people into the boards.

Boeser is not the problem.

2 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

The funny thing is I like Miller. He's like Kesler, and wears his heart on his sleeve like Kesler. However, he's sort of turning into a distraction.

Could we get a great centre in exchange for him? The team also needs a Left Handed D-man, one that has size, speed, and skill, and can shut down high end players.

One that isn't afraid to smash people into the boards.

Boeser is not the problem.

I’ve been kind of thinking the same. What else would we have to add to Miller to get say, Eichel?

5 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

What's the point of Eichel if he's going to be gone for at least a year once he gets his back surgery?

When healthy he’s the better player by far, and Miller hasn’t done a whole lot this season yet.

Normally my homer mind would say Boeser's well worth the rookie and then some, but gotta wake up and smell the roses and see how good Seider's been as a blue-chipper, plus they have Vrana/ Raymond probably ready to take top-6 roles on the wing, so I think there's no chance they do this (Bertuzzi, Vrana, Raymond, Fabbri is a solid if unspectactular top-6 wing group). 

As much as I think BB is completely underrated,  we're never getting Seider for him.  We probably couldn't even get Seider for Hughes.  Seider has the potential to be a complete defenceman that dominates in this league for the next decade +.

• Thanks 1

If we have to lose someone then it's Miller.

He will be around 30 and so signing him to a long term contract is probably not a good idea.

Boeser's still got many productive years left in the tank. Plus, he gels better with Petey. 

And like the others said, Seider is probably out of reach with Boeser alone anyways.