The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Edmonton Oilers at Vancouver Canucks | Oct. 30, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

17 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I can't see any way they don't get rid of Green.

The team needs a new message.

A new system.

Or get a system.

As a "wake up the room" maybe. But it's too early for that. If Petey, Boeser, and Miller play as they are paid to, we have a winning record.

Objectively, the Canucks actually played well defensively against a high powered Oilers team 5v5. Oilers going 2/2 on the PP after borderline calls cost us the game, not Green. Boeser scored a nice goal at the end so hopefully that wakes him, and the rest of that line, up for the rest of the home stand.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, HockeyHarry said:

Green is in trouble…i won’t be suprised if hes fired tonight.

I think after tonight they start looking for an alternative, which gives him a few more games to right the ship.

I can't see him lasting another handful of bad outings.

• Cheers 1

30 minutes ago, Darth Canuck said:

Aside from Demko, I didn’t see a lot to be happy with. But, maybe, just maybe, there was hint at the end, that the top 6  just might be getting pissed, and starting to give a sh!t. Finally, a bit of urgency, effort, desire. 

I know it’s only game 8 of 82, there’s 74 more games to go. But man, it’s frustrating to watch disjointed, mishmashed, disorganized play. 

And Petey’s stick breaking on a simple pass? Hockey gods are messing with the boy…

I…can’t….stand…CBCs…over…the…top…love…with…McDavid…. I’d rather shove a large spike into my eye than listen to one more blurb about how awesome he is….

Practice boys, get your poop in a group, be ready Tuesday. Your fans are getting anxious!

Go Canucks!!

Keep your eyesight It is not worth it  (besides you'll still be able to hear it)

Thats because he was all over the ice

Our best player never gave them a reason for praise

Edited by ba;;isticsports

Just now, I.Am.Ironman said:

As a "wake up the room" maybe. But it's too early for that. If Petey, Boeser, and Miller play as they are paid to, we have a winning record.

Objectively, the Canucks actually played well defensively against a high powered Oilers team 5v5. Oilers going 2/2 on the PP after borderline calls cost us the game, not Green. Boeser scored a nice goal at the end so hopefully that wakes him, and the rest of that line, up for the rest of the home stand.

And if the coaches had a system that worked and stopped butchering the lineup, maybe our top players would be scoring with the handicap of Green removed.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

This dump and chase system is a complete joke. I counted on literally multiple consecutive times where the Canucks would dump the puck in from center ice and the oilers would say thanks! And back the other way they came.  Try switching up the strategy up there coach.  The oilers bring it in with speed confidence and with two wingers with support.  The oilers looked so much better then us.  You can’t win if you don’t do anything for 58 minutes of the game.

• Like 1