The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Edmonton Oilers at Vancouver Canucks | Oct. 30, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, Sharpshooter said:

Which, in my opinion, is why it’s unlikely he does that again.

Evidence point toward to the opposite than what you're speculating. That he isn't afraid to throw money at the team. Especially considering he signed off on buyouts recently too and past FAs.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ShawnAntoski said:

What happens if it is still the same show after 10 games or so; i like your optimistic view and what do you think will allow them to turn it around ?

Confidence. 

Despite their goals, to me both Boeser and Horvat have looked really bad this year.  No need to pile on more on Elias and Miller.  Pearson has been as expected and Garland has been great.  

Missing our top 3 PK guys was really tough as well (Sutter, Motte and Hamonic) and I think has contributed to the team playing scared to take a penalty.  

We should look much better against the Rangers, Preds, Stars and Anaheim to end this homestand.  For me the game against Philly was the big disappointment. It was the worst that our top 6 has looked all season.  

I'm seeing signs of confidence coming back to Petey's game.  No good signs coming from Horvat though, just lots of frustration.  I hope that we stop messing with lines that are working to jump start our top 6.  All that Green has succeeded in doing is sunk different lines that were clicking with his shuffling.  

Hoglander - Dickinson - Highmore for example was playing great in the first four games and then Green decided to put Elias with them (before the injuries to Dickinson and now Highmore). 

4 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Confidence. 

Despite their goals, to me both Boeser and Horvat have looked really bad this year.  No need to pile on more on Elias and Miller.  Pearson has been as expected and Garland has been great.  

Missing our top 3 PK guys was really tough as well (Sutter, Motte and Hamonic) and I think has contributed to the team playing scared to take a penalty.  

We should look much better against the Rangers, Preds, Stars and Anaheim to end this homestand.  For me the game against Philly was the big disappointment. It was the worst that our top 6 has looked all season.  

I'm seeing signs of confidence coming back to Petey's game.  No good signs coming from Horvat though, just lots of frustration.  I hope that we stop messing with lines that are working to jump start our top 6.  All that Green has succeeded in doing is sunk different lines that were clicking with his shuffling.  

Hoglander - Dickinson - Highmore for example was playing great in the first four games and then Green decided to put Elias with them (before the injuries to Dickinson and now Highmore). 

Good points.

Right after all the offsesson moves - i was still very skeptical if the staff would know what to do with this roster; but JB wanted to see if Green can deliver by giving him a deeper roster - so far, he hasn't.   

Edited by ShawnAntoski

4 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

It's the opposite we thought. The defense was supposed to sink this team not the offense.

Yeah our defense has been solid.  

Was at the game.  Nice to watch it live.

2 × (Cheddar Bacon Burger + Fries + Lg IPA) = $64.  So slightly more than previous years.

This team has no chemistry.  The best chance through 1st and 2nd periods was the short handed chance that Miller shot high and wide on the PK.

Pathetic. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Going to the Green school of bs

I really hate how he has become in how he talks to the media. I know that’s the expectation with the clown college group running this team but it’s just too Sedin like for me. He still competes but he has also lost some of the edge he used to play with too.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Evidence point toward to the opposite than what you're speculating. That he isn't afraid to throw money at the team. Especially considering he signed off on buyouts recently too and past FAs.

If you’re right then I will be happy. I don’t think I’m wrong. Time will tell who is. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blömqvist said:

Wow, Conor Garland is an absolute gem. Entertaining in the first segment of his After Hours interview, and when it came up he switched gears and had a very good response on the Blackhawks, sexual assault, and Kyle Beach.

Best part of tonight’s game is Garland’s interview on After Hours!

He really is a gem. I spent a lot of time in his hometown when I was young. Good people, great work ethic. Also spent a lot of time in Moncton too ... really relate to his journey.

Like you said, an absolute gem. I firmly believe good things will happen with him as a Canuck despite the current frustration. He's exactly what we need to change the culture.

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, hammertime said:

Ivan Barbashev JB are you listening?

What about him?  He's one of my favourite players on the Blues.  

I was cheering for them all throughout those playoffs as they beat San Jose, Dallas and then Boston in the finals.  Barbashev and Sundqvist were lethal on their third line and PK.