The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs New York Rangers | Nov 2, 2021 7 PM PDT | C'mon do something Edition

Rate this topic

Templeton Peck

Just now, ShawnAntoski said:

Anything positive, besides the fact the Canucks are not losing ?

If I ignore JT Miller (impossible at the moment) I actually thought that Canucks were the better team by a slight margin in the 1st period.  

Just now, gregthehockeynut said:

If this team is in the tank by game 40 they might package Miller and Hogs for a Ferland type of top six forward.

Garland is producing more in the top 6 than Hoglander. I like Hogs but we need a top 6 winger/center with size and speed if Miller is not going to re-sign.

Why?

If we are 40 games in and are still below 500. We should rebuild because something went incredibly wrong and the core guys cannot get it done. 

6 minutes ago, Pickly said:

The Canucks are such a boring hockey team to watch. This is like peak Jacques Lemaire trap team boring but the ironic thing is they actually suck defensively. 

Its boring and they arent even trapping either. I dont know what their doing. Are they playing offensively??? they dont have much possession or offensive zone time. Are they playing like a defensive team? well 5 goals againat in buffalo and lots of give aways and break aways against tells me they arent even playing defensively. They dont have any identity and am not sure what green is doing with all this line juggling. Just no stability and zero offense. Green better get this together soon or he might get fired before christmas. The team has skills, they need to be a lot better. Right now its complete garbage.

• Cheers 2

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Lowered expectations. Honestly. You are just happy they didn’t get scored on first. There are no grade A chances again. 10 games folks. People are happy they didn’t get scored on first.

just trying to lighten all the doom and gloom  , I’m definitely not happy with they way they’re playing , we all are witnessing it every game . 

I keep hearing in the Green pressers how “these guys hate losing.” Really? A lot of their play says otherwise. I’m sure they don’t like being on the wrong end of the score, but collectively, is it simply unacceptable to them? I’m not seeing that. Every race to the puck, every board battle, it has to be to win it like your life depends on it. Outside of 2 or 3 guys, I’m seeing 85-90% effort, that’s just not good enough 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

For sure. It’s time for the coaching staff to figure that out. 

After all these years... I'm not holding my breath.

If they were able to figure it out they would have figured it out long before 31 other teams had figured it out.

• Vintage 2

8 minutes ago, AC30 said:

Time to move Miller?

Get a first rounder while his value is high 

Don't worry because with Bo and Boeser's contracts coming due you can bet Millar will be the "odd" man out.  I'm certain he'll be traded and likely during this season while the illusion of his value is still out there,