The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Nashville Predators | Nov 5, 2021 7 PM PDT | Special Teams Edition

Rate this topic

Templeton Peck

1 minute ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

I doubt it takes a year. 

No I think he progresses throughout the year but he is a year behind because the the injury and his inability to train properly. More concerning is the pk and pp. It might be the downfall. You can’t be bottom in the league in both and expect to make the playoffs and it should be a big concern 11 games in. It’s a good sample size.

There's no reason why the special teams should be this bad. We have the offensive talent to send out two pretty stacked PP units, and the D 5v5 has been pretty damn solid. I'm just at a complete loss as to why the special teams are as atrocious as they are. Has to be coaching. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, ktcy2 said:

I think The only explanation for Petey’s struggle is his wrist. There is no other way to explain such drop off in skill level of the most talented player in club history.

I agree he is still struggling coming off injury.

However, the most talented player in club history played his first game for the Canucks 30 years ago today.....

7 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

Boeser saving our bacon

Boeser saving Green's bacon. Its all individual athleticism and individual skill plays for goals. Not really product of a structured game or system.We have lots of skills, we should be scoring more than 1 or 2 goals.

• Cheers 4

1 minute ago, Devron44 said:

He’s actually looking pretty close to himself now. Just matter of time and the points will come 

Agree...he is slightly better with each passing game. I like to see him carry puck into O zone more like he used to do and have support to dish puck to because there is usually a couple guys on him.

Why is Miller taking so many D zone face offs on first PK. We used to be good face off team. We need Malholtra back!

Just now, IceHockeyPlayer said:

Agree...he is slightly better with each passing game. I like to see him carry puck into O zone more like he used to do and have support to dish puck to because there is usually a couple guys on him.

Why is Miller taking so many D zone face offs on first PK. We used to be good face off team. We need Malholtra back!

No Beagle. No Sutter.

• Cheers 1