The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How Many Points will Petey get?

Rate this topic

Makaramel MacKhiato

Petey points  

78 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 hours ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

50 points.

What makes it worse is that our rivals stars (Edmonton, Calgary...etc) are doing so well for their teams.

Our star "franchise 1C" is playing like a 2B at best right now.

Hes playing more like a prospect who is unsure if he belongs. 

23 minutes ago, Drakrami said:

Hes playing more like a prospect who is unsure if he belongs. 

I agree, I truly think a day in the press box would do him good. The Coach is treating him like nothing is wrong and I don't think its helping things at all. I think he needs like a RESET or something to get him going again. 

3 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

I think he'll pick it up later this month, at the very least in December. If he doesn't pick things up by the new year, then it's trouble. 

I think so too. Pretty typical timeline for players who have had poor summers/injuries/missed training camp, etc to go until around Christmas time before they're back in the flow of things.

57 minutes ago, EmilyM said:

I think so too. Pretty typical timeline for players who have had poor summers/injuries/missed training camp, etc to go until around Christmas time before they're back in the flow of things.

I don't know if this is always true. We saw Kucherov out for an entire season last year, and then put up 32 points in 23 games in the playoffs.... 

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1

6 hours ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

50 points.

What makes it worse is that our rivals stars (Edmonton, Calgary...etc) are doing so well for their teams.

Our star "franchise 1C" is playing like a 2B at best right now.

Agree, and ya edmon, calgary going ham this year , markstrom 4 shoutouts in 9 games

Edited by x00x

2 hours ago, EdgarM said:

He has regressed and I don't see any improvements in his game. He doesn't look any stronger and he is still having a hard time staying on his feet. I really thought his mental toughness was one of his better attributes but that does not seem to be the case this year. 

I think he will eventually get back to closely what he has done in the past but his numbers will fall short of his average this year overall.

41-50 pts is my guess.

Do you think he rebounds to becoming the player the fan base thinks he can be? 90 point player? 

2 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Do you think he rebounds to becoming the player the fan base thinks he can be? 90 point player? 

He showed resiliency and the ability to fight through adversity, my biggest issue was him getting bigger and stronger but he looks like he did in the first year in regards to strength and the ability to fight for the puck. I originally forecasted him as a "Peter Forsberg" type player, but I am not too sure anymore TBH. I just hope this coaching staff doesn't ruin him before he is able to progress with his development.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, EdgarM said:

He showed resiliency and the ability to fight through adversity, my biggest issue was him getting bigger and stronger but he looks like he did in the first year in regards to strength and the ability to fight for the puck. I originally forecasted him as a "Peter Forsberg" type player, but I am not too sure anymore TBH. I just hope this coaching staff doesn't ruin him before he is able to progress with his development.

Yeah. I'm just glad that Petey broke out tonight with 3 points. Looks a lot better than he has been. 

I never saw Petey as a Forsberg kind of player. Peter Forsberg was amazing. He had 116 points in his second season! WTF. 

24 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

He looked better tonight. He's too talented to get less than 60 points. Hoping for 70.

If he could get more than 70 points this season after such a slow start, that would be amazing. Would help the team a ton if he could perform offensively consistently. 

18 hours ago, Johnny Torts said:

70+

Couple back to back hatty's n a few apples n he'll be silky groovy baby ya feel?

Lol.   What a difference a 3 point game makes for your stats this early on.   EP went from 5/11 to 8/12.   From a 38ish point pace, to a 60 point pace.   Oh yeah and now QHs is on pace for 70 plus and Miller 95 or so. 

9 hours ago, EdgarM said:

I never saw EP as Forsberg.   That guy played like Motte with skills like ... well Forsberg.   EP is still too weak on his skates and falls over with minimal contact (thankfully also draws a ton of penalties too...suspect some of that is intentional).   Forsberg played with complete reckless abandon, in probably the toughest era for forwards hockey ever had, and ever will have.    What he'd do in today's game ... same with Lindros, Bure and Jagr and Selanne and even guys like Kariya...  Mario and Wayne?  Lol... leagues so much tamer and made for skilled players to excel.  

EP is unique and hard to compare to anyone else... the Alien moniker is pretty good.   Kovalev is probably a better comp so far with the exception of his physical gifts.   As in a player that might be one of the most skilled in the league but is a little bit of an enigma as far as why it hasn't all come together yet.    Datsyuk maybe too, but again lacks in the physical department.  He can reverse hit which is nice.   Funny how the first couple months of EPs rookie career still has us drooling.    But we have to be realistic about it too.    This is the normal "breakout" season for blue chip players ... year four.   Two slow starts in a row is concerning.    What doesn't concern me in the least though, is this is the perfect era for guys like EP and QHs to excel.   And expect both will.      If all EP ever is, and as long as he gets paid like that too, is a PGP (point per game played ... PPG confuses me because it also means power play goals lol)  that's awesome.   And i'm actually expecting to see the best of him when he's in the 26-32 range.    Like most blue chip stars.    And hope he signs a reasonable 8 year deal when this ones done.  If that's the case,  he's going to have more  points then Henrk Sedin, and probably be the all-time leading goal scorer too for our club.   And end up in the HHOF.    Just needs to stay healthy and play 1200 or so games with us.  

Hope he's not this generations Kovalev.   Also am wondering if we should move him and Miller.   Seems like we kind of do anyways ... Miller takes a lot of draws    

Really it all depends on whether or not the PP turns around. Petey gets a ton of his points on the PP, so if the PP goes back to the way it was before the Dallas game I'll say 45-50 points. If the Dallas game was a sign of things to come and the PP gets back on track, then I imagine he can match his career average in PPG. 

Yes was nice to see him get back on the score sheet. There was a lot of time and space last night and that is not always the case, especially in the playoffs. It was good for confidence though and I hope they can get a couple of more games like that. 

What I meant when I said that Petey was like Forsberg in that Forsberg was relentless in puck pursuit and I seen that in Petey early on. Petey usually doesn't back down and I thought that would improve as he got bigger and stronger. Petey even hits when he gets the chance. That was something not common in Swedish born players and I think that is why Forsberg was so successful, that amount of drive with that amount of talent equaled "Stanley Cups" in Forsberg's case.

I hope that jump in their step continues as that makes a big difference and Millers extra effort last night produced a lot of good quality chances. If he plays like that more consistently, the Lotto Line will be able to get back into form sooner rather then later.

On another note, sure glad to see the PP have some movement finally, funny how you change things up and then the puck starts going in. Better late then never I guess.

• Cheers 1