The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Avalanche l Thursday, Nov. 11/21 l 6:00 PM

Rate this topic

-DLC-

20 minutes ago, FaninMex said:

You get what you pay for

Not in the case of Beagle. Benning overpaid for him, even if he was a UFA. That's kind of how it works with Free Agency right? 

Which is why it's never recommended to try to build a team that way. Too much money tied up in players where their services are "demanded" by other teams. You gotta outbid other teams in the league for said services of a player in this case Beagle. He would have been awesome if his cap and salary was like 2-3M tops. But we would never have gotten him if that was the case (maybe that would've been a good thing). Same thing with Ericksson. Benning bit the bullet with that one because of what Loui was able to produce in Boston and Dallas. But once he got here, he fell of a frickin' cliff and produced near to nothing in his time in blue and green. 

The Canucks paid 6M for Loui, but never got what the organization paid for. 

In some ways, similar for Beagle too. 

1 hour ago, Dekey Pete said:

Beagle was incredible on the Pk.  But all some people could focus on was his lack of points.  I'd take him back in a heartbeat.

Beagle was full value for what he brought, he may have been about 1M overpaid but I never had to question his worth ethic or value in our own end 

That's where the team was when we signed him, a place where we had to overpay UFA's, particularly one who'd just won a cup 

5 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Tanks GIF by euronews

Podz is big business, very cheeki breeki 

Cheeki Breeki GIF | Gfycat

• Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Not in the case of Beagle. Benning overpaid for him, even if he was a UFA. That's kind of how it works with Free Agency right? 

Which is why it's never recommended to try to build a team that way. Too much money tied up in players where their services are "demanded" by other teams. You gotta outbid other teams in the league for said services of a player in this case Beagle. He would have been awesome if his cap and salary was like 2-3M tops. But we would never have gotten him if that was the case (maybe that would've been a good thing). Same thing with Ericksson. Benning bit the bullet with that one because of what Loui was able to produce in Boston and Dallas. But once he got here, he fell of a frickin' cliff and produced near to nothing in his time in blue and green. 

The Canucks paid 6M for Loui, but never got what the organization paid for. 

In some ways, similar for Beagle too. 

So you're saying he's awesome?

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/jay-beagle

Edited by Biff Tannen
link
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Canuck Luck said:

Yeah..he is 167 now.  :ph34r:

HockeyDB says he's 176 lbs. What was he when he first started? 165? 

He has put on weight. I think he could probably get to 180-182 lbs, but any heavier and it could affect his game. 

2 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

So you're saying he's awesome?

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/jay-beagle

I'm saying that Beagle with a lower salary would have been an excellent bottom six player who kills penalties, since you know, we don't really have anyone who can do that on the team right now. 

So yes, considering how pathetic our PK has been, he would have been an awesome addition with that alone (but not at what Benning paid for). 

2 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

I'm saying that Beagle with a lower salary would have been an excellent bottom six player who kills penalties, since you know, we don't really have anyone who can do that on the team right now. 

So yes, considering how pathetic our PK has been, he would have been an awesome addition with that alone (but not at what Benning paid for). 

Which was 3m, the top end of your awesome range

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

Which was 3m, the top end of your awesome range

Then it's the term, for 4 years it was too long. 3M for 2 years? I would've done that in a heart beat. 

But you're not getting the player for 2 years in UFA. 

He would've helped with the PK. That's the one part of this team's game right now that's killing us. We could have had a few more wins right now if not for the PK being what it is. 

7 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Then it's the term, for 4 years it was too long. 3M for 2 years? I would've done that in a heart beat. 

But you're not getting the player for 2 years in UFA. 

He would've helped with the PK. That's the one part of this team's game right now that's killing us. We could have had a few more wins right now if not for the PK being what it is. 

course diss GIF

• Haha 3

43 minutes ago, FaninMex said:

I have been holding silent for a while but I will speak here.

Something about Dickenson must be working because Podz and Garland have been doing great. However, when Green put Podz and Garland with Horvat they fell flat.

This place just needs a whipping boy and JD was on deck I guess

• Cheers 2

52 minutes ago, FaninMex said:

I have been holding silent for a while but I will speak here.

Something about Dickenson must be working because Podz and Garland have been doing great. However, when Green put Podz and Garland with Horvat they fell flat.

If compared with Loui Dickenson might be good defensively. Wich is why offensive players thrives with him.