The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Avalanche l Thursday, Nov. 11/21 l 6:00 PM

Rate this topic

-DLC-

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

I'm not even trying to say JD is good, I think he can and should be playing better TBH. Just I don't think plucking out stats to make an argument is worthwhile.

Pettersson's faceoff % is 29.6 why'd they resign that bum?

Thank you, well said. I guess people all watch the games differently. For some people if a guy is not scoring or on the stat sheet they don't see any value. For a guy that was brought in to add in areas besides scoring I have really enjoyed the way JD plays the game. Besides starting to really look good as a line with Hogz and Pods (they have looked great at times/flying out there), he's had some great looks on net (gets into scoring areas well) at key times and has rung at least one, or two I think off the post.

The way I look at it in a 7 goal game with 60 face offs. I would say guessing high the direct play for that takes up to about 10 minutes. So what players are doing in the other 50 minutes matters a lot too and isn't quantified in any fancy stat inclusively. Some players score and a select few like the goalie don't. Often bottom 6 players are chosen for their defensive capabilities over another player who could score more but gives up lots on the defensive side. For a guy that's not supposed to be a scorer on our team I like really JD's game. Would I like him better on the wing? Probably.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

I'm saying that Beagle with a lower salary would have been an excellent bottom six player who kills penalties, since you know, we don't really have anyone who can do that on the team right now. 

So yes, considering how pathetic our PK has been, he would have been an awesome addition with that alone (but not at what Benning paid for). 

Could have picked up Derek Grant for free off waivers this season. His contract is $1.5m x 2 years left.

Last season playing shorthanded:

Beagle, 96.5 mins, gave up 9.3 goals against per 60 mins, FO 56.2%

Grant, 122.5 mins, gave up 5.4 goals against per 60 mins, FO 51.1%

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

Petey finally picking up his confidence, hopefully he can keep scoring. No Schenn or Hamonic makes our D much less physical and weaker, but we're up against a relatively slumpy Avalanche who are surely going to catch fire when Mac is back.

Hopefully we kick things off with a win, we need to put a little point streak together.

3-2 SO win for the Canucks...

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Petey finally picking up his confidence, hopefully he can keep scoring. No Schenn or Hamonic makes our D much less physical and weaker, but we're up against a relatively slumpy Avalanche who are surely going to catch fire when Mac is back.

Hopefully we kick things off with a win, we need to put a little point streak together.

3-2 SO win for the Canucks...

Petey has now 9 points (3G, 6A) in 13 games. He's slowly catching fire. 

Let's hope that the boys show up for tonight's game against the Avs. 

They do have Makar back in the line up tonight. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Goal:thecup said:

Kadri's a puke, for sure.

But nobody grosses me out more than that Licker Rat-Faced Marchand.

I don't know how that other player stood there and took it.

Especially when he started in on the nostril.

I have to say, dinosaur that I am, I would probably still be in jail.

I wanted to see someone uppercut him while he had his tongue out. That would have taught him!

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Fan since 82 said:

I wanted to see someone uppercut him while he had his tongue out. That would have taught him!

Marchand is just brutal. 

But when he plays for team Canada, everyone will love him. LOL. The nature of sports. 

Hate the most annoying player, but once he's on our team, he's our annoying little rat. 

With that being said, I still don't like the guy as a player. He's playing his role (whatever it is) to a tee, though. 

Just now, N4ZZY said:

Marchand is just brutal. 

But when he plays for team Canada, everyone will love him. LOL. The nature of sports. 

Hate the most annoying player, but once he's on our team, he's our annoying little rat. 

With that being said, I still don't like the guy as a player. He's playing his role (whatever it is) to a tee, though. 

Yeah that's the problem... he's actually really good! I wouldn't want him on my team though, but that's probably why I'll never be an NHL GM!

• Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, Fan since 82 said:

Yeah that's the problem... he's actually really good! I wouldn't want him on my team though, but that's probably why I'll never be an NHL GM!

Yeah. I don't know if I'd want him on my team. But he's a winner. A rat he is, but he's a Stanley Cup Champion Rat. 

• Cheers 1