The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Anaheim Ducks | Nov. 14, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

My thing with Torts was that it was extreme change upfront and immediate but perhaps that's exactly what we needed to handle and endure to change this culture. Imo, we caved too early with Torts because it was uncomfortable rather than seeing it through to get to the other side.

There's a reason why he won the Jack Adams with the CBJ because they were willing to endure the uncomfortable to win. 

THIS!!!

• Thanks 1

For everyone running around waving their arms in the air.  Here is the game plan.

Fire Green.

Put Shaw in place temporarily.

Start a coaching search.

This focuses the issue on the players and allows them to move on from Green and his ridiculous coaching.

We start from there.  Possibly the team responds and goes on to a playoff year.  Possibly not. 

But Green is over and the disfunction is over and the team starts on a new path where the players are accountable without Green as an excuse.  Without having to leave huddles shaking their heads. Without feeling like nobody can get on the same page.  A new day.

That's all.

• Cheers 4

7 minutes ago, TheCammer said:

We have played less than 1/4 of the season. That hardly constitutes a lost season that can't be saved. The 'fans" on this forum are cringeworthy.

Are we in trouble? Absolutely.  We still have 66 games to get it right.

Calgary, 3rd in our division, are 8-3-4. We'd basically need a straight 10 game winning streak to get us to a 0.615 winning percentage and even then, Calgary right now (if they continue at this pace) would still edge us with 0.667.

That is to say, even a 10 game winning streak won't save us now and how unlikely is that anyway? Realistically the only way we're getting in the playoffs is if we steadily chip away. Yes, this team has the talent to do it, but we haven't played at 0.700 hockey in years and we basically need to play well above that for long stretches of the season to make the playoffs now.

5 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Yeah, this will come down to Aquaman and how much autonomy he will give the teams' leadership.

17 minutes ago, AC30 said:

Name of the best available GM and coach

I like the idea express by others of hiring Gillis as president to hire gm and a coach in summer, while getting rid of benning and green now.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

I'll take Torts ... ;)

Even Boudreau 

Torts lucked into a plum job with ESPN. Like Melrose, I think we've seen the last of him behind the bench. But, Babs is available. The question is, would FA spend what it'd take to get him and the much-needed new GM for him to work with?

31 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I really hope not, I really don't want to see us run with a third rookie head coach in a row. This team needs to compete, I think most people would prefer someone more proven. 

That being said, you're more than welcome to your opinion. 

Yeah your right lets take Boudreau who has never ever won a cup ever. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Boudreau

Liked Motte's game tonight, he's the only guy that throws hits and actually hits to make solid contact. You know who else does that and should have made the team out of camp... Will Lockwood. He plays the type of game we need to bring energy. Not this Bailey guy who just skates as fast as he can for 30 seconds and then changes

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, 2009cupchamps said:

Petey is doing terrible at center right now. Green has tried every combination so why not this. 

Petey Horvat Boeser 

Podkolzin Miller Garland

Pearson Dickerson Hoglander

Motte Lami Bailey 

That would likely be the worst skating first line in the NHL.