The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Canada's Men National Football Team (Soccer)

DefCon1

41 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

What's the main difference between replica and authentic ones? Looks like replica ones are available. 

https://www.canadasoccerstore.com/en/team-canada-soccer/jerseys/t-10140581+d-31004556+z-988-1240567098

It depends on the brand and team but in my experience, authentic ones tend to feel more stiff so you have to break them in. The upside is that they are the exact jerseys worn by players on the pitch, so you get the higher quality material that’s more breathable. And the badges are also put on differently. I’ve seen different styles so it’s hard to say exactly.

The replicas are softer so they feel “nicer” but are kind of more like regular t-shirts in that they’re not made of that fancy breathable material. But to be honest, it also depends on the team or club. I’ve worn some authentic jerseys that feel soft

I don’t know how these authentic Canada jerseys feel but I want one because I still play sports and will bust out my nice jerseys sometimes

I guess I can always have one replica just to go watch a game!

At a time when we most need it this will bring Canadians together as one!

Old and young, new Canadians and those who's grandparents were born here. 

All of us, all Canadians, can get behind such a great achievement.

Congratulations to the Men's National Team. WOW!!!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

At a time when we most need it this will bring Canadians together as one!

Old and young, new Canadians and those who's grandparents were born here. 

All of us, all Canadians, can get behind such a great achievement.

Congratulations to the Men's National Team. WOW!!!

At the risk of getting political in this thread... it is nice to seen the Canadian flag in a different context. 

• Vintage 4

Congrats for qualifying and doing something that loser underachiever Canadian men's basketball team can't seem to do despite their NBA talent.

This team showed heart they don't have the most talent but they have some decent skill and some good speed and overall team belief thanks to the coach.

They kinda remind me of when Iceland played England. Underdog team that came out of no where.

Awesome stuff. 

Great for growing the game in Canada.

Just gotta say though, if they played at BC Place here would have been close to 60,000 fans there instead of the measly 29k in Toronto.

2 minutes ago, GB5 said:

Awesome stuff. 

Just gotta say though, if they played at BC Place here would have been close to 60,000 fans there instead of the measly 29k in Toronto.

BC Place isn't a grass field though.  Isn't soccer at that high level played on grass and not astro turf?  

10 minutes ago, Alflives said:

BC Place isn't a grass field though.  Isn't soccer at that high level played on grass and not astro turf?  

Not sure about the rules for men, but women's world cup was held at BC place. I was there a couple of times including the final. 

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, GB5 said:

Awesome stuff. 

It also wouldn't have snowed... we totally took advantage of the cold weather on our way to the World Cup, now to start practicing in the extreme dry heat to prepare for Qatar. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1