The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Chicago Blackhawks at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 21, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

8 minutes ago, CaptKirk888 said:

94 pints probably puts in. So we could go 40-23. That is only a.635 winning percentage. I don’t think the sky is falling yet.

You are correct, will that happen under the current GM and Coach...it would seem highly unlikely. If the owner wants to salvage the season moves need to happen now not in January

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 6YPE said:

I cant see this team going 40 and 23. 

It’s not like we’re gonna have no OTL’s.

Something like 37-20-6 would get it done.

I know it’s hard to believe that’s possible now but with a competent coach it’s not some crazy number.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

I think it's pretty obvious that the main players are sick of Green. No one enjoys playing for a losing coach. This is a results oriented business, and if the team is losing, the pressure is on the players. Nobody wants that.

Just fire the coach already.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

6-11-2 with 63 games left.

Winning 6 games every ten games, outright, gets them to one game above .500 for the season.

Unfortunately the Canucks are currently .368

L.A.             are 8-7-3 in 18 games                 .528

Nashville           9-7-1 in 17 games                 .559

Vegas              11-7-0   in 18 games.              .611

IF those teams regress to playing just .500 hockey,  by the end of the year we could catch 1 of them, provided we win 6 in 10 with no loser points.   

9 minutes ago, gurn said:

6-11-2 with 63 games left.

Winning 6 games every ten games, outright, gets them to one game above .500 for the season.

Unfortunately the Canucks are currently .368

L.A.             are 8-7-3 in 18 games                 .528

Nashville           9-7-1 in 17 games                 .559

Vegas              11-7-0   in 18 games.              .611

IF those teams regress to playing just .500 hockey,  by the end of the year we could catch 1 of them, provided we win 6 in 10 with no loser points.   

the team is way better then the numbers show....

44 minutes ago, CaptKirk888 said:

94 pints probably puts in. So we could go 40-23. That is only a.635 winning percentage. I don’t think the sky is falling yet.

This is where it gets confusing for me in using these stats to decide how much of a chance the Canucks have.

Just how good is a .635 point percentage?

I see that after 18 games each both Minnesota and Anaheim are playing at a .639 point percentage.  They're tied for third in the Western Conference.  How likely is it that the Canucks can play at that level for the rest of the season?

50 minutes ago, CaptKirk888 said:

Green achieved that winning percentage or better once in his professional coaching career. That one year when Utica wen to the Calder cup finals.

Honestly, I don't see it happening without a coaching change followed by some roster change.

At the least, I'd trade Rathbone + for 3LD that can help shut things down and please, get Hamonic vaccinated.

I'm not even expecting a win in this road trip with Hamonic, our one solid defensive player, out of the lineup.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, rekker said:

To an extent, yes. That's where a veteran coach will help. Veteran coached teams seem to get a little more leeway with calls. Most of the successful teams in this franchises history have had veteran coaches. It's time. 

Love torts!!!! Locker room brawl.... let's get him back for the year. Show how easy they had it with Green....

1 hour ago, CaptKirk888 said:

In the last 3 years when have you seen stretches this team is capable of playing 40-23 hockey? It's not optimism, it's a pipedream. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

47 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

It’s not like we’re gonna have no OTL’s.

Something like 37-20-6 would get it done.

I know it’s hard to believe that’s possible now but with a competent coach it’s not some crazy number.

It'll take a LOT more than a competent coach to get us to the playoffs at this point with how much damage has been done.

In order for us to make it, nothing else could go wrong from here on out. We'll have to figure it out right now and not regress again. Another cold streak would be a death sentence. Could we go the rest of the season without another losing streak?

Petey has to arrive immediately and play to his potential every night now. Have we seen any signs of that?

We can't suffer any significant injuries.

Demko's play can't slip. (Maybe the one thing that's going our way so far)

I don't want to play the Eeyore card, but I'm just playing the odds. The Canucks have to consistently play at a high level from here on out and we haven't even seen them reach that level in any short burst this season at all yet to the point we don't even know if this group has that level in them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rekker said:

To an extent, yes. That's where a veteran coach will help. Veteran coached teams seem to get a little more leeway with calls. Most of the successful teams in this franchises history have had veteran coaches. It's time. 

Love torts!!!! Locker room brawl.... let's get him back for the year. Show how easy they had it with Green....but if Benning is preetching just to make the freaking playoffs this yes. Not wining a round or promising to win a cup. JUST TO MAKE the playoffs. He sacrifice the futures just to make the playoffs. If patient is what they R preetching now then why trade all those contracts if he still playing like sh!t now.. we could of have so much exciting young players now to watch them grow like podz, hogs.. would of been on a better path then the bandaid path.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, UnkNuk said:

I see that after 18 games each both Minnesota and Anaheim are playing at a .639 point percentage.  They're tied for third in the Western Conference.  How likely is it that the Canucks can play at that level for the rest of the season?

Not only do the Canucks need to play at that level, they need the teams they are chasing to play worse than they currently are.

Funny how quickly the gap between " It's early yet" and "They are almost completely out of it" closes.

Nucks are 5 points behind, and the teams they are chasing have 2 games in hand for Nashville, and 1 for L.A.

Hoping to win 5 points out of the next six, while L.A. and Nashville get no points in either of their next 3 games is living in dream land, imo. And those teams would still have their game(s) in hand.

As a fan I'm getting really, really, really tired of needing other teams to nose dive, in order to see the Canucks do well.

Following them since the mid 70's, and seems like in  only 6-10 years the team was a shoe in for the play offs.

• Cheers 2